Updates on pregnant mare Cookie

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look how nicely that udder is changing!! Baby still laying sideways, which is just perfect, udder filling nicely, nipples separating.....just about all you can ask for!! She looks great!

Thanks, this is my first foal and I am just hoping everything goes as planned! Soooo excited!!

327 days! Her udder was very hard and she would not let we go near it today, she usually lets me get quite close and touch it a little. Barely got a feel. Even in the pictures her udder seems a bit fuller! Maybe it will be coming soon! What do you guys think! Close??!

Forgot to post these with the rest of the pictures so here they are!

PicsArt_1432862250741.jpg

PicsArt_1432862189048.jpg

PicsArt_1432862479190.jpg

Definite progress Madison I don't think you have very long to wait.
default_smile.png

She is elongating and also shopping in the udder department. A couple of good rolls should help line baby up.

best of luck for a safe delivery
default_thumbup.gif

I would keep close eye on her. Don't go anywhere and check on her frequently. A lot of mini mares foal during the day. If she holds until night, stay near where she is put at night. How Diane (Castle Rock) sleep next to her. If you have to use restroom, find a spot next to her. Not much longer, probably by morning.

Looks like a buckskin, like his dam. NOW are you glad you read our responses and kept watch. You might have missed it if you weren't keeping an eye on her.

This is my two babies. The first is a buckskin splash with blue eyes out of my maiden mare. Stayed up all night, only to have her foal during the day. My filly is a sorrel (minimal pinto). Her mom aborted her colt the year before. I almost missed the birth. Fell asleep and woke up to head and front feet out. Mom was up walking around. Zazzy (buckskin colt) is almost three months. Reba (filly) is a month old.I'm retaining both and will be shown next year. Zazzy is going to mature between 26-28" and Reba between 28-30".

CAM00923.jpg

CAM01092.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! And so glad you kept a good watch on her. He's just precious!!!

Those are some cute foals! I think that the little guys name is Manassas! Now I get to worry about the other mare I have, Amarillo!! Will post more pictures tomorrow. Thanks everyone

Oh wow! Congratulations!! What a cute little guy!! I'm so glad everything went good! I said don't blink and BAM she had him??!! Lol Did you blink and miss it? Or were you able to be there and assist?

Have fun with your new cutie!!
default_smile.png

If you measure his cannon bone (from coronet band to middle of knee) times it by four and than add 2, you will get a height measurement at maturity.

Here's an example: My buckskin colts cannon was 6". Multiply 6 x 4, than add 2. That gives you 26. I add two more for good measure. He should mature between 26-28". Get back to me in three years to see if it is correct. LOL

Ok so he should grow to 32-34". Thanks I wwas wondering cause his dad is 32 and his mom is a lot taller!

Latest posts

Back