Bow's 2015 Foaling

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully, she waits until you get home to foal!!
She's not progressing, so I think she'll wait for me.
default_smile.png

I was home to see her today. I have pictures but they'll have to wait until I'm not on my phone.

The first thing I saw when I walked out to see her was that her flanks were sunken in. Her baby was moving like CRAZY today, the most I have felt the ENTIRE pregnancy.

Her pH I'm pretty sure has dropped, as the strips weren't totally red, red. The strip keeps sloughing off so its not accurate, I don't think but it was a different color than before. She's still in the 7 range though. Her milk is still yellow clear.

Here are the pictures from yesterday. Called home and her milk is the same as it was. I'm still hoping that we'll be able to hit at least 320 days. Right now we're at 308 days.

Bow 307 days1.jpg

Bow 307 days2.jpg

Bow 307 days3.jpg

Baby nicely wide for now, but that can change. Hoping she'll go longer, but she's far enough along to have a fine baby.
I figured. I was just very pleasantly surprised that her foal was kicking like crazy, the most I had felt the entire time. Before I had at most, been able to feel a couple kicks but on Saturday it was constant kicking.

Could be protesting the movement to position the foal for birth. That one doesn't want to enter the world?

That is so neat when they are kicking and moving like crazy! Especially when you just stand back and can that belly flipping and flopping. This was my first foal. I missed the birth and was really sad about that. Sometimes it felt like that baby was going to kick a foot right out of her belly. Can't wait to see what she is going to surprise you with.

I've been looking through past threads for her 2011/2010 pregnancies and this is how she developed.

2011 pregnancy:

-streaming yellow,clear, sticky milk 19th April 2011, salty taste

-23rd, April 2011, bland milk

-24th April 2011, streaming cloudy, SWEET taste

-6.2 PH test 29th April 2011

-Foaled 30th April, 2011

2010 Pregnancy:

-I couldn't get much on dates, but her milk changed pretty drastically but I wasn't looking as closely as this pregnancy and her 2011 pregnancy.

I still feel like she has a bit to go. Her milk hasn't changed colors yet, and its salty still. I have been keeping track of her bag, and when I let her out into the pasture it deflates. When she gets closer, will it continue to deflate with exercise? It doesn't do this if I keep her in the dry lot, only when she has access to the pasture and walks the length of it.

I wouldn't be shocked if she went until her due date.

Bow 309 days1.jpg

Bow 309 days3.jpg

Before pasture:

Bow 309 days2.jpg

After pasture:

Bow 309 days4.jpg

Thank you. We haven't made much progress, but I think her milk is going to start turning. The taste, anyway, has turned from salty to bland, since Monday.

Not much of an update, but its a minor improvement. Here's a picture from yesterday, 310 days.

bow 310 days1.jpg

I'm glad you guys see something in her. Maybe its because I look at her everyday and take her picture, I just don't notice it. I just love the way she looks.

She's been keeping herself away from everything for about a week or so now. She has access to pasture, but more often than not, I find her in the barn just standing there not eating. Her appetite hasn't changed at all and she still enjoys the company of the two mares in her little herd. But I have noticed her intense desire to stay in the barn and not go out to the pasture. I more or less figured it was nothing since the two mares occupy her as well, but that could also be because she's the more dominant mare of the three.

I'll check her again tonight when I'm off work.

We're finally getting somewhere guys.

Her belly dropped, her croup is pointy, she has no hindend whatsoever, etc. The only thing left is her milk.

I'm going to post comparisons to the other day, side by side.

Side view:

-310 days:

bow 310 days1.jpg

-312 days:

Bow 312 days6.jpg

Rear View:

-310 days:

Bow 310 days3.jpg

-312 days:

Bow 312 days5.jpg

Bow 312 days2.jpg

Bow 312 days3.jpg

She has also been rubbing her tail like crazy since I've been out to chore. Doesn't that have to do with something?

I won't see her again until Saturday, but my parents are keeping an eye on her for me so if her milk changes, I'll be home in less than an hour. lol

I'll post pictures when I have access to a laptop.

Her milk hasn't changed, still a thick, yellow color. The taste has changed a bit. Its not bland, salty, or sweet but it has a flavor that I can't pinpoint. It seems to be trying to get to sweet.

Latest posts

Back