Bowe Bergdahl

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngC

Reaction score
So where's that Bowe Bergdahl report? It's getting close to a year now and we have zip, nada, nothing.

As a prior service member, this one interests me.

I was Navy, so perhaps things are different? ...but I golly-darn-guarantee you that if I'd missed ship's movement, I would have had to pay some penalty. And it would only have taken a few weeks to go to mast; maybe a few more weeks for a court martial. Not an entire stinking year.

I haven't heard anything recent about him, there's so much going on now a days, there's always another distraction.

He should have been held for treason and why did we trade prisoners for him and not pay to free private citizens who are then later killed? Another thing swept under the rug, we have heard the last on this from this administration.

Sooooooooooooo, if Obama himself were Muslim would he have handled the situation ANY DIFFERENTLY ? one must ask one's non-groupie-however-non-racist self?

If you grow weary of America being slapped in the face over and over again with these type situations please do not vote for members of Congress who are not stepping up to the plate using the powers granted to them by the power of the constitution to take action against tyranny and treason. Call their offices and tell them what you think. Write them a letter explaining why they will not get your vote. Let them know you will be active in helping hand them their pink slip. When the political parties call your home with those annoying phone calls asking for money for what they perceive to be your party turn the table and tell them all the reasons they will not be getting a red cent from you.

My hubby keeps reading on line that either congress is eventually going to impeach him for planning on by passing them to go to the UN for his Iran plan or that he is going to change our constitution so that he can run for a third term. There are so many rumors going around that it's hard to know what to believe and what to laugh at. Such a sad state of affairs for us. But I agree that our congress men and women should be brought to task for sitting back and letting things get this far out of control.

I don't know about distractions or muslims or impeachments or other rants. I especially don't know whether old Bowe B. should enter the military justice system under a treason charge.

I just think there should be some sort of closure/response on this from the military.

I've observed some (granted, rather limited) occurrences. None of them took nearly as long to achieve resolution. In fact, most went forward rapidly to soothe the community members. For example, I recollect a corpsman that whacked his wife (after she returned from deployment) and then hauled her body to the gate guard at the air station. I don't remember all the details, but it took a couple months for him to end up in Leavenworth.

Why is this taking so long?

It's taking so long because this administration does not want to be embarrassed by the findings, it's pretty simple. Kind of like Hillary's emails.

Add the word conveniently to the trending buzzword dismissive and you have conveniently dismissive. Pretty simple, like Sonya said. Now if anyone can explain the logic of the math in the barter of Bowe that would interesting.

Oh, my darn copy and paste! You know a picture is worth a thousand words. Anyhow, I was looking at a poster like you see out in front of the movie theaters to tell you what is showing. It depicted a movie called Trading Private Bergdahl, rated NC (no congressional approval). I was not able to paste it here.

So, if he is declared a prisoner of war he will be given life time freebies.

So, if he is declared a prisoner of war he will be given life time freebies.
Yeah, that would suck.

Not that it's all that much. I racked up 30 years and a partial disability, and a section 8 voucher gets more than I do.

Oh well, my harm my foul.

Have followed this discussion....just opened my computer to a 'breaking news' headline saying that Bowe Bergdahl would be charged with desertion....about time, though I also feel he should be charged with treason. Can only hope he will truly be held accountable.

Just saw that and my first thought was why not treason also? And we traded 5 Taliban detainees for this piece of crap! Not to mention the soldiers who lost their lives because of him.

Sonya,another time for me to wish for the 'like' button for what you posted!

Last edited by a moderator:
Like button for me as well. This took way to long so now we get to see what sentence he receives.

Have followed this discussion....just opened my computer to a 'breaking news' headline saying that Bowe Bergdahl would be charged with desertion....about time, though I also feel he should be charged with treason. Can only hope he will truly be held accountable.
I'll be dipped! I kind of quit checking 'cause I figured this whole mess had been "Obama-fied."

Although I think I'll withhold my opinion here, because the news media (in general) appears incompetent to do things like read/research and provide objective coverage. So who knows what they'll report tomorrow. The few reports I just read quickly don't seem like the writers were too conversant with the UCMJ.

This AM, I opened my computer to see a 'headline' subject along the lines of 'Bowe Bergdahl shares his story of torture'.....how convenient that just as serious charges are to be considered, the 'spin' begins from him....to portray the 'poor victim'. I admit, I didn't click on that story; afraid I might become nauseated. BUT, I will read it, while suspecting it of being no more than indeed a 'spin'.I will say that I never saw the haunted look in his eyes of the other hostages of those terrorists/murderers...and he looked much the same, health and weightwise, coming out as he did when he walked away from his fellow soldiers....Guess we will just have o wait and observe how this plays out.

Well the administration knew all this prior to the negotiations and exchange, they knew the possibility of him being a deserter was very high as well as other things....so why did they follow through? Of course everyone is suppose to be innocent until proven guilty, but why didn't they investigate more before negotiating with terrorists (which we aren't suppose to do anyhow). As Margo points out, he seemed quite healthy and comfy where he was.

Because of this man six of our soldiers are dead as well as others injured beyond repair. It's very hard for me to be objective regarding this piece of crap. It makes my blood boil.

I hope so Miss Vickie but I haven't seen a Justice system in this country for a while now. Allyall are spot on on this topic and it is a sad day to see what we are seeing.

I woke up this a.m. to more executive orders. I then wondered what the purpose of a congress is these days. Seems like one feller is making the laws and ain't nobody even pretending to want to stop him. I mean seriously, the Trotsky side of the coin used to at least give lip service to such a notion. But I am reminded that this only occurs when running for office and as this isn't the case right now, other lies are far more important to lip sync at the moment.

If the boy had been drafted, I might feel a smidge different as the task was steeped in evil from day one and the lie about "weapons of mass destruction" was the bait taken by the ignorant however,............. he weren't drafted and he volunteered to participate in the evil. Therefore his free will contract with da gubiment rules the roost and his actions got his fellow contractees killed. And yes he should bear and pay the full price.

Back