Best place to sell a quilt

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucky seven

Reaction score
Last summer I won at a church raffle an Amish made quilt from Lancaster Pa. It's king size and is applicayed, I have a full size bed and will never use it. It should be used or displayed and not kept in a pillow case. Do any of you know where I could sell it? I checked ebay but none seem to have bids. I would like at least $900 for it. Thanks

Thanks, I will check out the larger city close to me and see what they have listed. I put the quilt on my bed and it really is nice. I may end up keeping it just for display purposes.

I love the idea that you keep it. Maybe a quilt stand would be nice for it. Where you could see it. I have seen a lots of the quilt stands for sale in antique shops around here. Wish I had some quilts to display but I don't have the room or the quilts. I seem to give them away as quickly as I finish them.

Our local quilt guild and Extension Office sponsor a large quilt show in May here. They always make and raffle a quilt. I always buy tickets, just to support them, but some of the quilts are not my taste at all. Last year I really wanted to win the quilt! This year I'm not so crazy about the design.

One option, if you decide you do not like it after all, is to redonate it to some civic event for another raffle. Or perhaps to the library as a raffle to they can purchase books.

One thing I suggest, in case it isn't there already, is a label or printed history of the quilt. Someday, it could really enhance it's value. I think I will suggest to the quilt group this year that they have everyone who worked on the quilt sign a piece of muslin, which can be sewn to the quilt.

Latest posts

Back