Magic Marker 2015

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magic Marker Minis

Reaction score
We have four confirmed pregnant miniature mares and a half Arab/Welsh cross due this year. Four of the five are maiden. First up is Feather. She is a 29" black and white splash bred to our 30 1/4" cremello stallion. She will be 330 days on Feb 3. Pictures are not the best, do to using my phone. No computer internet and camera has died. Only concern, is she has no bag at all. She is fed alfalfa and mare & Foal.

CAM00280.jpg

CAM00293.jpg

CAM00278.jpg

CAM00277.jpg

Welcome back , 4 maidens , wont you be busy.
default_smile.png

re her lack of bag, if she is a maiden she may not nag until right before she foals.

Is she the mare in the pics as it doesn't appear that baby is poking out the sides? If so Id be keeping an extra close eye on her as she maybe getting close.

Best of luck for safe arrivals and it will be great to follow your mares as they progress.

Cheers

I'd be watching her closely, minis can definitely go before 330 days without problem (mine went as early as 307, then some 320s)

Yes Ryan, she is the mare. I noticed she wasn't as wide as a couple days ago. She doesn't have a jelly butt and still has some resistants in her tail.Baby was moving around a lot today. She also layed down a lot today. She needs to hold out for a few days. We live in Tucson, but the next couple nights are going to be chilly. We have no barn. Also chance of rain Mon and Tues.

I'll give up a update, but no updated pictured. Reason why, she looks the same. Still has not gone to the grocery store for milk. She will be 300 on Feb 3, I'll get you pictures than. Also will get you side, back, and maybe udder pictures of our Arab/Welsh mare. She will be due the end of Feb. She is a nervous horse, so pictures are going to be limited. Our next miniature mare is also a maiden and due in the first two weeks of March. She has had some milk bar changes. Told her to talk to Feather about going to the milk store. So far, not happening.

Lol being maidens they may decide to leave the shopping till the last minute.

If you have time , post some Pics we all love seeing picture updates. She may not have obvious development in her udder but some of the more experienced on here may be able to notice some changes for you
default_smile.png

Okay Ryan, here's your pictures. I have pictures of Feather (black & white splash-319 days). She may look slab sided, but she really is not. Hard to tell with clipped belly and winter hair on legs. The Arab/Welsh is also a maiden and a very nervous horse. Got side pictures and had to do a frontal picture. She hates people behind her. Tried for milk bar picture, but she jumped at the click of the camera. Wouldn't stand still after that. Did carefully look and she is starting to get a bag. She is bred to my perlino APHA stallion( he has produced 1 dunskin and two buckskin fillies to date). He is also expecting a foal from a outside APHA mare. River (mare) is 306 days. She will be 330 days on 2/15 and 342 days on Feb 27. The second miniature mare is a smoky black sabino mare bred to our silver smoky black stallion, Rohan. Will get pictures of the sires later. Her name is Wind (Creta Hills Okie Winds A Blowin). Feathers registered name is MMM Fancy Feather. She will be 330 days on March 1, 342 days on March 13, and also is a maiden.

CAM00338.jpg

CAM00337.jpg

CAM00339.jpg

CAM00341.jpg

CAM00356.jpg

CAM00357.jpg

CAM00346.jpg

CAM00345.jpg

CAM00348.jpg

There could be some slight udder development with your little black and white mare , but then again it could be the camera angle. Your welsh mare to me looks like she is pregnant. As you said its hard to tell with the winter woollies.

Being Maidens, there may not be really noticeable development until the last month or right before foaling.

Thanks so much for getting the Pics for everyone to look at
default_smile.png

Keep us posted and maybe another set of pics in a week
default_smile.png

they all look great!!

maidens are so tricky to know what they're doing... don't envy you there, but I'm sure I will once you have her gorgeous little baby healthy on the ground!

isn't funny how the different breeds are so different with their winter coats!

good luck with them all, all gorgeous mares, good luck and thanks for sharing!!

Checked are two miniature mares this am. Check them before a go to bed. I'm going to wait until Feb 1 to stay out with them, unless there is major changes. Don't have a barn, so I have to stay in the truck next to them. Their used to the truck parked there, so nothing new to them. Also I have a soft light on in their paddock, so it is easier to see them without using a harsh flashlight. Wind's bag has not changed, where as Feather has more flabbyness to her bag.

Beautiful Arab/ welsh... what is she bred to? She is beautiful! One of my Fave crosses.

Bonny, she is bred to my perlino APHA (solid) stallion. He has produced 1 dunskin and 2 buckskin fillies to date. He'd expecting two foals this year. River has s very floaty trot and we are hoping she passes it onto her foal. She is a very nervous mare and spooks easily. Hoping baby gets her sires laid back personality. River's sire is Rocko's Gold, a buckskin Welsh. He is a top dressage and jumping pony. River is green broke and will be for sale without her foal. River is my roommates horse and too much of a handful for her.

How tall is she? Can you tell me the Arab side bloodlines? Also where are you located?

River is registered with the half Arabian registery and her registered name is Jalima De Galero. Her dam is TR Magdalena. Grand-sire is Mishaah and grand-dam is PR Magia. She is a 2008 model and between 14.1 &14.2. We live SW of Tucson, AZ.

Finally, the storms have left and the temps are rising. Thankfully, Feather held out. Feather is 330 days and has finally gone shopping. She was a little red in vulva last night, less tonight. River is 317 days and didn't have time to get her pictures. Edema in front of bag and starting to fill. Wind is 303 days and about the same. Was V'd a couple mornings ago for a couple hours. Has been normal since then. Her's pictures of Feather and Wind.

CAM00370.jpg

CAM00369.jpg

CAM00381.jpg

CAM00385.jpg

CAM00376.jpg

CAM00375.jpg

CAM00388.jpg

Looking Good
default_smile.png
Lets hope seeing one of your mares found the milk bar , the others will follow.

Definite development happening now and if she is at 330 Days , Id be keeping an extra close eye on her
default_smile.png

Fingers crossed for you that all goes well
default_smile.png

Okay, here's a question for you ladies and gentlemen to ponder and give me your best answer. We have a mare that we had bred for 2014, but she aborted the colt at 5 months along. Didn't find anything wrong with the fetus or the mare. She had a real heavy heat cycle with that colt. Turn to breeding season last year. We decided to rebreed her to our 30 1/4" cremello stallion. She is 31". Her first signs of heat last year were week. She didn't tease to the stallion, but would allow him to cover her. Casper covered her 2x on March 21 and 1x on March 22 &23. ( 330 days 2/14). She than let Casper cover her 2x on April 7, 1x on April 8, and 4x on April 16. (330 days on March 3). She came into her normal hard heat but Casper refused to cover her. We waited and she came back into a hard heat in June and Casper still refused to cover her. We had a coming 3 yr old, very refined 30" dunskin pinto colt, so tried him. He covered her 2x on June 6, 1x on June 9, and 1x on June 11 &12. She never came back in after that. We also bred our 30" black tovero mare to the coming 3 yr old, Wildfire. She has had one foal two years ago. A big silver pinto colt at 354 days. Rain(first mare-black) would be 330 days on May 2 if she took on last breeding. Design will be 330 days on March 30. Looking at both mare from the side, do you think Rain may have settled on one of the earlier breedings. To us, she looks closer the Feather and Wind in fetal development. Have seen movement in both Rain and Design. Sorry for the long reading, just want to be sure we don't make a mistake and miss the foaling, and possibly. the foal.

CAM00390.jpg

CAM00391.jpg

CAM00396.jpg

CAM00398.jpg

Latest posts

Back