Patty is starting to get big

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow hasn't she changed in the last month.
default_smile.png

She is looking fantastic
default_smile.png

AWESOME!! Just LOOK at that perfect "little" belly!! This is great to see.

Do you remember around what time you saw the breeding. ??

I have no idea in regards to colour, tho I will wish for a healthy foal for you if you promise to inundate us with loads of pics.

Im getting excited for you
default_yes.gif

lt's about 50/50 for daddy throwing his pinto genes when you breed solid to pinto. I'm going to vote for a pinto baby, and cross my fingers for you as I think it will be a beautiful little one !

Well we purchased them February 25. They did not come directly here. They were here Easter April 20th. It was still chilly outside when we saw them. I can trembler if it was before or after Easter. We got their pen built around the first of April.i am going by the dates I took pics from iPad. It was that time frame.

Patty was acting strange to me today. She was really mellow, just standing there. I can feel the baby moving and kicking around. This evening when I fed them their feed I went back out to check on them and they did not eat it all. I had also put some alfalfa out there too. They ate all that and are still looking for more. I did not know they would choose hay over feed. I keep them coastal out there all the time. I am thinking Patty May have this baby in January. She just looked different today. Maybe she was just tired and not getting her rest bc the baby is so active. She is drinking lots of water. I hope she holds off till Feb or March.

Take some pics, baby could be moving into position. That would also explain why she was uncomfortable. How does her poop look?

Her poop is not quite the apples as normal it is softer and bigger. I thought that was probably the bit of alfalfa. Although it was fine the day before. I will post some pics in a bit

Your correct, as she gets closer she will feel a little uncomfortable as there will be less room, you may even notice she will just want to hang out and not over exert herself.

We used to have a thoroughbred mare years ago that was the biggest sook from the beginning of her pregnancy till about the last month. She would rather you brush her and dote over her than stand there eating her dinner Then the last month or so she would turn into the nastiest, moodiest mare I had ever seen. She wanted nothing to do with anyone except her feed left in the feed bucket on the gate. And if it wasn't done quickly the ears would go back.

She was a lovely mare 99.8% of the time , just not during the final 4-6 weeks of her pregnancy.

Hope you get your wish for a Feb or March foal.
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good poop may have changed from alfalfa. Keep an eye on it. Baby looks like its riding to the left
default_smile.png
. Love how cranky she looks, especially with her man in the background giving the guilty face. Like I didn't do it, snicker snicker ;)

Patty is good. She really looks forward to her feed now. She is all up in my business when I walk in the gate. She will see me come out and stands at the gate. Barely gives me room to get in and has those ears down and nudging at the bowls. The weather has been pretty nasty for the last couple of weeks so she has just been hanging out.

Here are more pics of Patty. It is another nasty day. I don't know why they want go in their sheds to eat but they like to eat under the lean to and don't even get under it all the way. I do know it is small but they could all fit. Another thing about these goofy horses, they will only drink out of the trough with the water hose in it! I can trick them and just put the hose in the other trough and they will drink it. When I move the troughs far from one another,they will only drink from the one closest to the house! They are goofy! They are not eating the hay in their nets that I have in their little sheds. Although they will eat from the one under the lean to. I guess it is like my grand baby said, they have a kitchen, a bedroom, and a bathroom! They need to move the bathroom though, it is right between the kitchen and bedroom in front of the doorways! Lol

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back