Football player on news

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree sometimes a spanking can do wonders. I was smacked a couple of times as a child. It certainly taught me to respect my parents.

Switching a 4yo to the point of numerous cuts and bruises is not going overboard - That's classified as "Child Abuse"
But is it really "Child Abuse?" (I haven't seen photos of this instance other than a quick flash on the news.)

I watch our little mare discipline her baby to the point I wince and want to interfere. I don't. And I realize people aren't animals, but maybe time-outs for children don't work too well?

I'm older, and the world has changed; however, I'm thankful for the discipline I received or I would have turned out even worse than I did. We had a multi-tiered set of discipline. It started with Mom smacking our butts with her hand and progressed to whacking with a wooden kitchen spoon (had several of those broken across my butt.) Then, it progressed to 'wait until Dad gets home.' That was even worse, because you had to wait and anticipate the punishment. Once Dad arrived home, lesser offenses earned you a Dad butt-beating with his hand (which was much harder than Mom's hand or her wooden spoon.) The next level was Dad butt-smacks with a 2x4; that didn't hurt too terribly much since the board was flat. The absolute worst was Dad's belt. I only earned that punishment once. My brother was stealing candy at the little store; so I thought that was just hunky-dory and stole some candy too. I got caught on my first theft attempt. I earned the Dad belt on the naked butt; ten lashes; it hurt so I put my hands back there; I had welts on my buttocks and on my wrists. (Plus my parents made me quit the Girl Scouts on the premise that a thief was not honorable enough to be in such an organization.) I'm not advocating this, but I can tell you that I sure as heck never stole anything after that.

The pictures I saw the little boy had numerous cuts and bruises across his back, back of his legs and heels and on his hands.

A simple smack on the backside- The one I got off my mum If I ever answered her back as a kid, quickly put me back in my place =Discipline

To smack, whip a child and continue to do so to the point that it would create Cuts and extensive bruising = Child abuse.

I seriously doubt that would work with some of the kids in todays society.

Ill agree AngC I too, am Grateful with the discipline I received as a child. I wouldn't dare talk to my elders as I hear kids speak to theirs these days.

Unfortunately times have changed to the point that todays "kids" are driven by social media and computer games.

Gone of the day that kids would spend all day outside till the sun went down playing in the mud and amusing themselves with games. And when the sun disappeared it was time to come inside.

There is so much good that could be reported to us in the news and papers, yet we have to hear about Horrendous B GRADE Celebrities and so called sports stars, who I personally Couldn't give a Rats butt about ......................

The more attention that these ................................. get the more it will effect kids of future generations

Sorry a little off topic

That's sad about the child, if true. I don't trust the news too much.

Sports stars, as Ryan calls them, make a lot o' money. You'd think they'd be smart enough not to beat their wives or lacerate their children (or do drugs or drive drunk.) Sponsors really don't care for that sort of thing and pull the money plug. Puzzling.

And why do they do it ?? cause they think they are just that "little bit more special" than everyone else.

So called sports stars I think my wording read. To me a "Sports star" is a person that has not only claimed the ultimate prizes in their sport but also been a role model for todays Youth.

To be honest I really don't care too much for "Sports stars & Celebrities" I'm sure there are more people on this forum that have done more good in the last week than these so called celebrities will ever do in their lifetime

Latest posts

Back