US will 'destroy and degrade' Islamic State: Obama

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Johnson

Reaction score
This was the heading on the local online news feed here in Australia this morning.

I watched last nights news, wish I hadn't. To see another innocent person loose a life just makes me sick to the stomach.

The war has gone on for so long , so many lives lost, so many heartbroken families.

Do you think "any good" has or will ever come out of "our" countries involvement/so called help to try and make things better over the past years.?

Do you think its made any difference at all?

To those who have passed fighting for your country and mine may you R.I.P

The headline was pure double speak imho, considering they are surely entering our country through our unsecure southern border.

And, while the videos of the two journalists are getting all this attention the fact that they have been killing Christians for decades has for the most part been ignored by our government.

We're broken.

I personally hope and pray that all Nations come together to battle these terriosts. So many innocents are suffering at the hands of these crazy, opinionated extremists, who for some reason think they are right and proper in what they are doing.

Why would it matter any more that they kill Christians than that they kill Jews, Muslims or those of any other religion? Why is it worse that they kill Americans than Syrians? ISIS (or whatever name they are currently going by) are pretty much equal opportunity beats. They, like al Qaeda, have taken a legitimate religion and perverted it into an excuse for murder and mayhem.

There are a plethora of groups and belief systems, many in the U.S., who hope to stir up trouble of any sort for personal gain. It is, plain and simply, anarchy and anarchists. This sort transcends nations, continents, and religions. We needn't worry about closed or open borders -- they are already here. They achieve their goals by turning human beings against one another.

ISIS. ISIL. The Islamic State. They change terr name so often I can't keep up. I have my own term for them--I don't think I can post it here.
default_smile.png

Closed borders would make no difference. They are here. They have people in this country. They probably have people in every western country. Our own citizens who are ISIS members, who have gone to Syria, trained and fought with ISIS there, and then came home. Why we let them back into the country, I don't know. IMO once they go there and take that sort of training--they should lose their citizenship here, and not be allowed back into this country.

But--a friend in Calgary tells me that they are approaching young men on the street there, trying to recruit them into the organization. It seems they are being radicalized right here at home. Officials are now saying that we must be prepared to have terrorist acts carried out here at home, by our own citizens. That is a sad--and scary--thought.

Isis is bad news for sure--have to be, when al Qaeda severed all connection to them Because they were too violent. Too violent for al Qaeda? That would seem to be going some!?

Nothing was said about it mattering more that they are killing Christians. The point that I was attempting to make is that it has been ignored basically by our government. General population has not realized that it has been going on for a long time because mainstream media chooses to ignore it. Muslims killing Muslims is the very reason we should stay off of their soil and tend to our own beeswax at home. We are not going to change them because they live to kill.

If I were of a mindset that it does not matter if we close our borders I would also be of a mindset to not lock my car or my house. Now if I wanted 5 million or so new voters to pour in I could overlook the inpouring of terrorists perhaps.

If I noticed a trail of dozens of ants that had come into my home I would not take on a what difference does it make attitude about them. I would get the bug spray or chalk or whatever to stop the influx of the pesky ants because they cause destruction and pain. The border situation is no different, again imho.

Grateful for this thread. I enjoy seeing how others think. Also reminds me that I must go iron my What Difference Does It Make T-Shirt to wear tomorrow. It always makes opportunities for conversation.

I think the terrorists are a little more determined than ants. Close up the ants' entryway and they will find a new place to go. Make it difficult for a terrorist to cross the border...he will try to find another way. Close the border completely...no one in, no one out...the terrorist will still try to find a way. And likely succeed, in a certain percentage of attempts. The terrorist already has friends on the inside--they will help him, they will carry out his evil plot. Obviously a completely open border is not the answer--but I don't think closing it up tight will work much better. That will only anger the residents, many of whom want to come and go at will. You leave--you don't come back--will be a fail.

I'm not too sure of the Australian involvement in Arabic countries; last I read it was about 1,200 ground troops??? We (Americans) don't belong there. The only reason we're there is so we can have fuel for our vehicles.

Those people have been fighting religious wars for a really long time (turks-ottomans-etc.) why are we there now? Get out; leave them alone; we've avenged New York City's 9-11. Be done with it; and let GM build us some nice electric cars (oh-right, GM would probably screw that up.)

I think terrorism should be fought in the country of origin to avoid it spreading to our country as an epedemic. I'm sure there are some already here, hiding and waiting until the masses arrive. Any normal person can buy a plane ticket they don't need to bring weapons with them, we already have more then enough to go around. Yes there are extremists of every type just look at that so called babtist sect that likes to stir the pot. Terrorism is like a virus it spreads and mutates.

A religious war?

Or "religion" used as the "reason" for war? The distinction could be important.........

As to the boogie man du jour,.......

1) springs up from "seemingly" nowhere

2) VERY well armed

3) VERY well co-ordinated

4) VERY advanced tactics

5) VERY brutal

6) VERY well financed

Ask yourself, how does that happen.

It doesn't without significant and high speed "help". So who helped them? Where did the financing come from?

Look to France. Close the border. I said over a decade ago that France was destroying itself by the immigration policies,.... well that and communistic tendencies. Peoples in other countries must rise up and throw off for themselves their dictators. We must do the same for ourselves as we are now in the same boat. In the end you must know your enemy, even better than the tool it uses to accomplish chaos and destruction.

Look deeper and thanks for your time,

Bb

Preaching to the choir here Bb. ISIS,ISIL, whatever. All germinated from Al CIAda Name does not make a difference, same boogieman even if you call it Cookie Monster. Although Cookie Monster prefers cookies over uranium, gas, oil, diamonds, drugs, and gun running.......sigh.. but let's just make returning veterans, patriots, and Christians the dangerous folks we really need to keep an eye on. Have not heard any of those groups saying convert or die though.

Last edited by a moderator:
So they are the JV?
default_unsure.png
We are going to degrade them?
default_unsure.png
ISIS is not Islam?
default_unsure.png
We are going to arm moderate rebels? Moderate by whose standards?
default_wacko.png

I guess distractions let this thread go dormant. Anyhow, I have this song I am trying to write. Seems I have no musical talent and am plagued with writers block. All I can come up with is a title. It would be called JUST ABOUT A MILE FROM BAGHDAD.

I was speaking with a twenty year veteran this week. Actually we were working as a team to get some flaws worked out on an item needing to be shipped to the warfighter. I asked him if he would do military again if he knew then what all he knows today. He had already told me that back when he was in combat zone in Baghdad that as soon as the election was over artillery and ammunition to him and his comrades was cut off. I asked him questions about his experience with the VA. He said 29 days in a row he had made trips there only to leave without getting treated. No travel re-imbursement. He said the VA literally let his dad die. He said the VA literally let his granddad's leg rot off. AND he told me that even though he does not have a high opinion of the o that "he is still his commander-in-chief until it changes." Well the o has taken credit for ending a war and then said he never said that. So, now that it looks like Baghdad is being closed in on is the reason I have this unwritten song. Anybody friends with Tobey Keith? Tell him I said "can we talk?"

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back