Ferguson, MO--I Just Don't Care

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here in Delaware those on welfare or the government assistance get a card that looks much like a credit or debit card.It has a state seal of some sort on it.Food stamps used to come in the mail-stopped that-too much theft and selling of them for drugs and booze.Then there is a check from WIC that can be used for certain food items.Some families get both.Then there is SSI which is for people with disabilities, but many blacks here know how to work the system and get all 3.In my small state many of the social workers are black and they help out their buddies to get benefits.My significant other tried to get disability when his knees were so bad he could no longer do carpenter work(DENIED)My state is very small and very corrupt.I am very sorry for the fine blacks that have refused to lower themselves as many of their race have.We have many fine families in my town that are black.My father had a black employee many years ago in his auto /truck business.He was a fine man with about 10 children.His wife's sister was a teacher who never married and she mad sure each of the children got a college education.There are several teachers in the family as well as a doctor and a lawyer.Very fine family.It can be done without government handouts.I get tired of the group that has the "YOU OWE ME" attitude.My father was a self made man.Forced to stop school in the 8th grade because he was needed to work on the farm.He worked 7 days a week until he died and was quite prosperous when he died.It can be done.

Oh Dear I think we are even further behind than that........................

There was talk a few years ago to start to limit or alter the way in which welfare was received. To my knowledge it hasn't changed nor has there been any alterations to it. Apart from the "work for it" introduction. Which is about as effective as the old "have a baby get a $5000 bonus"

The talk was to do the same , limit what the welfare could be spent on. Could not be used on booze or alcohol. As you said Bevann they would find a way around it very quickly...

I am fairly sure they spend it on whatever they want.

Food stamps are given to homeless people across the country here or they line up at soup kitchens or local charities for handouts or they beg in the streets in the cities.

Welfare can be spent on anything & whilst there are a lot of people that are on welfare because they really need it, others are on there because they are too lazy to help themselves.

I work hard to support the laziness in our country. My taxes go to the lazy that don't wanna be anything other than lazy. (I use the word "LAZY " when I would really like to use a lot of words that are more colourful if you get my drift)

Another thing....... Do you all find that this seems to happen in certain towns or areas. Where that town is well known for being Lazy and on benefits ??

Question--do welfare recipients there get a different form of payment to use when buying groceries and such? I just wondered, because here they get a check from the government--so they pay by the same methods we all do--there is no way I can tell where the person in line ahead of me got his money from. (which seems to me much less irritating and stressful for me!) ;)
Here we have ten billion ways of redistributing funds. The electronic card, as mentioned by others. But there is also WIC (vouchers for women/children) school lunches morning, noon, night and all the summer long. We also have "section 8" where the taxpayers get to pay for housing. uhh, I forget what all else.

I am SICK of the Fergerson,MO crap and the Zimmerman stuff in FL and the way the black high profile figures including Obama are in the middle of it.IMO they are some of the MOST RACISTS people around.Not too long ago we had a white police office(fine young man with a small child)shot by a black kid who had robbed a store.Not 1 of the high profile figures-Al Sharpton,Jesse Jackson,Holder or Obama made any comment or appearance here.Guess it was just a cop doing his job and he was in the wrong place.I am SICK of the excuses for bad behavior based on the color of skin.They should own up to acting like thugs and it isn't because of slavery or what they think they deserve from us white folks who work and pay taxes.I WILL admit I am biased when it comes to color.I am just sick of being blamed for stuff because I am white.

This maybe off topic, but I watch First Take on ESPN, and sometimes Steven A Smith makes my blood boil. I guess someone who made a rule that no football player can use the N word and will be penalized, is in his 70's so that makes him part of the civil rights era. Skip who is a friend and is in his 60's said it was because this guy worked hard to erase the nigger/nigga way of thinking and talking. Well, Steven A said this "dude" was wrong that "brothers" talk that way all the time and players shouldn't be penalized for it. I saw the look on Skips face and understood that he was thinking that in the 60's a lot of white and black people died to make it possible for people like him to get the education and job he has. I think Steven A has taken a lot for granted and should applaud that man instead of being angry at the stand this old man took. In a way he is part of the problem even though he isn't on EBT or public assistance. Money and education doesn't improve the person in this case. He isn't any better than the poor black folk who think all cops are to blame for their problems.

I am SICK of the Fergerson,MO crap and the Zimmerman stuff in FL and the way the black high profile figures including Obama are in the middle of it.IMO they are some of the MOST RACISTS people around.Not too long ago we had a white police office(fine young man with a small child)shot by a black kid who had robbed a store.Not 1 of the high profile figures-Al Sharpton,Jesse Jackson,Holder or Obama made any comment or appearance here.Guess it was just a cop doing his job and he was in the wrong place.I am SICK of the excuses for bad behavior based on the color of skin.They should own up to acting like thugs and it isn't because of slavery or what they think they deserve from us white folks who work and pay taxes.I WILL admit I am biased when it comes to color.I am just sick of being blamed for stuff because I am white.
Both the Zimmerman and the Trayvon Martin people have all done well for themselves. Sybrina Fulton (Trayvon's mother) was already earning a decent salary at the government housing authority (68k.) Then a bunch of co-workers donated vacation time to her and an aunt, so Ms. Fulton has been pursuing her speaking engagements. If she had not been the subject of public controversy, I'm dubious she would have been hired as a public speaker; on video she sounds a bit rough. But... whatever floats your boat. I suspect Ms. Fulton may have wasted her donated funds trademarking the t-shirts the public invented for her; I wouldn't think people are still buying them?

The Zimmermans made more money in donations; but now there's that pesky divorce going on, so it's a crap-shoot whether George or his future ex-wife will end up with the loot. Unless you go a-searching on the internet, you hear nothing of such things on the news; the major news sources report sensationalism and then never follow up.

I haven't researched how much the Michael Brown fund is cranking in.

(I did research and find multiple black-on-white shootings and also white-on-black shootings--some involving police, some not.) But who cares, I guess.

I did watch the news' reports on the burning of the (paper-laden, teddy bears, other flammables, etc.) memorial to M. Brown and learned that the majority in Ferguson think the fire was either set by white people or by the police; never mind all the candles. And learned that this caused some more looting. Then I tuned out.

I really don't want anything to be about race. Black people (or whatever I'm supposed to call them, and for a white person that is an issue) are perfectly capable of being competent. For example, I greatly admire Neil deGrasse Tyson, the black astrophysicist. He has a PHD!! ...how cool. If I weren't so lazy, I'd work on mine, but until then I admire people who do better than me. And if I ever met the guy, I wouldn't dream of using the N-word to him.

Last edited by a moderator:
AngC, I have to give you a "like" since there isn't a tab for it anymore. As far as the fire is concerned I thought I heard that a police officer tried to put it out. Since then a white police officer was shot in Ferguson I don't know the color of the shooter but chances are he/she was a brother.

I have never been to the states/ USA so excuse my ignorance. I had NO idea that there was such an issue with what colour your skin is/was in this day and age.?

A lot of your states/cities allow same sex couples to marry, yet "Equality " seems to be a major issue when referring to the colour of skin ?

If you are a murderer - It doesn't matter what the colour of your skin is- Your a Murderer.

If your a Terrorist - It doesn't matter what the colour of your skin is- Your a terrorist

If you are a lazy person who lives off welfare refusing to look for work because your just too lazy, regardless of the colour of your skin, Your still lazy............

Some just have a higher percentage of lazy/shiftless, that is all. For sure--and I said this earlier--lazy/shiftless is not limited to any one color or race.

Here we do not have many blacks--and the few I know are wonderful people, hardworking, cheerful, and friendly. I am happy to know them. Locally we have a different issue--a group of people who feel they are entitled to free handouts, entitled to destroy the new houses they are given, entitled to trash any equipment they are given--and then they blame the rest of the population for their lack of nice homes and working equipment. Even so--there are exceptions among them and I cannot paint all with the same brush. Some are my friends, others I cross the street to avoid.

Ryan, it is not as progressive here as many think.

The world continues to go forward in leaps and bounds when it comes to technology and other advancements, yet fails so badly in the way we treat each other.

I was taught to " Treat others how you would like to be treated" , and that goes for all "walks of life"

See--I have my prejudices --and actually not toward blacks or aboriginals--I admit there is one culture I do not like--but I do not let it show. I treat everyone I meet with respect--unless they disrespect me first, then--unless it is in my workplace--I will look on them with contempt and perhaps it is obvious contempt (though that is nothing to do with race, that is individual behavior that I respond to).

However--I have recently had to be around someone who is very prejudiced. According to her this town is full of riffraff. There is riffraff everywhere according to her. I am puzzled, because I don't see it. I will say I find her behavior very offensive. I don't believe in advertising my prejudices to anyone, especially not slight acquaintances --and in truth I have realized that my prejudices are very minor--almost non existent, when compared to hers. Next time she mentions riffraff I am going to ask her just what does riffraff look like? Because obviously I don't know, since I don't see it? Perhaps...I am riffraff? If so...I am okay with that!
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
*Wish the Like button was still around*=^^^^^^^^^^^ Like ^^^^^^^^^^

Minimor I couldn't agree with you more
default_smile.png

yes, I wonder what Riffraff is?

I agree with minimor that I try to treat everyone as I would like to be treated.Here in my small town we have 2 distinct groups of black people.We have the hard working, polite ,respectful of others and the other group.the young people will walk down the streets of our town in the middle of the street so you can't pass and then look at you with the DARE you to hit me glance.They are defiant to the teachers in school(personal experience as a sub teacher a few years ago)We can't get anyone who is black for day farm work such as doing hay or weed wacking(welfare checks kill that, but they all have Smart phones and fake fingernails)but we can get all the Hispanics needed-no questions asked about what needs to be done.We pay $10 per hour for farm work and still no black takers.In my town the blacks are very biased against the Hispanics and vice versa,.I don't think the color issue will go away anytime soon especially since high profile blacks seem to throw themselves in the middle of issues and make race and issue when sometimes it isn't.

Like for Minimor and bevann, I try so hard to treat people the way I want to be treated but there will always be that few who are so self centered that think the world spins around them and they are owed a living.

Two distinctive groups of blacks?

Can you say grossly oversimplistic? Amongst all races and ethnicities, each individual has their own values, their own outlook on life, their own story. I don't care what anyone's race or sexual preference or religion or nationality may be, but I do care if they are a$$holes, and that knows no boundaries.

I'm deeply saddened to see people who are so loving and good to their animals show so little compassion for other human beings. I know this will pi$$ off the greater LB population, but I no longer care -- feel free block me with your ignore function and talk amongst yourselves.

Ashley -- you are spot on.

Susanne I could not agree with you more, if there were more people in the world like you , the world would be a better place .

I have never met you but you sound like a lovely person & I wish you the very best. I truly hope your comment gives thought to others .

Ryan
default_smile.png

This is what amazes me--earlier on in this topic, all the talk about what people ahead of "us" in line...what they are buying, and how they are paying. Here--we truly cannot tell, because everyone pays the same way, cash or some sort of card. We do not know where the money came from to cover that card. And honestly? if there was a special welfare card--I for one still would not know. I don't stand that close to the next person, I don't try to see what kind of card the person ahead is using. I don't even pay much attention to what they are buying--unless I see some item that I forgot or think looks good. LOL. Then I will think SHOOT, I forgot that...or I will ask--excuse me, can you tell me the price on that item? Or can you please tell me where to find those in the store? I suppose I could look at the people and make assumptions about where they get their money--but of course assumptions are just that and could be 100% wrong. I generally do not bother.

I keep wondering--do you all REALLY know who is on welfare and who is not, or are you ASSUMING that you know, just based on skin color??

Susanne, the main reason I am more of a reader on these forums than a participant these days. Many of the judgements people are throwing around probably describe people they know, they just don't know it. People that are amazing human beings that choose to keep parts of themselves secret for this very reason.

Back