Photo

Miniature Horse dwarfism - Test Now Available!

Testing is now available!

70 replies to this topic

#71 horsehug

horsehug

Someone just shoot me!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,015 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 09:38 PM

Thanks Margo.

And Dragons Wish Farm, I think if you wrote to Dr. Graves who is head of the lab, she probably would answer some of your questions. Her email is on the Gluck site.

A few weeks ago they discontinued temporarily the D3 test because they had yet to have any of the samples submitted prove to carry that one, and they were running out of control DNA to test for it accurately.  With it as rare as it is, people can have a pretty good chance that their horses are free of the ACAN dwarf gene now if they only test for the other three.  And it also makes the full panel (three tests) less expensive than when it was all 4.

I did ask Dr. Graves a few month ago if they planned to ever share the percentage of carriers so that we'd have a better idea just how prevalent it is, and she replied. " We are collecting data and will hopefully have some idea of the frequency of these Dwarf alleles by the end of the year. "  So I am hopeful they will share some info with us soon. 

I have no idea about your Arabian questions. But if you write her, ask her all your questions. :)  She has been very nice and helpful with her answers the few times I had a question.

Susan O. 

Hilliard Horses-to-Hug on the high plains of Southwest Wyoming
Tiny Exquisite Correct Colorful Minis!
http://www.hilliardhorsestohug.com

"If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish ulterior motives. Be kind anyway"......Mother Teresa
"Preach the Gospel at all times, and when necessary use words".........St Francis of Assisi

♥ ♥Check out the latest Lil Beginnings Featured Sale Board Ads HERE!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users