Photo

Miniature Horse dwarfism - Test Now Available!

Testing is now available!

70 replies to this topic

#11 ohmt

ohmt

Someone just shoot me!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,412 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:51 PM

I am SO excited!! This is a game changer
  • Debby - LB likes this

♥ ♥Check out the latest Lil Beginnings Featured Sale Board Ads HERE!

#12 Marty

Marty

I just can't help myself :-)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,259 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:00 PM

This is the most incredible news ever!

I'm no Angel but my child in heaven is. With his hand on my shoulder I can weather any storm.

Michael, My Archangel, My Teen Angel in Heaven
His life was brilliant, His love was pure, He saw an Angel, of that I'm sure...
September 1, 1987- June 10, 2006 Hopelessly devoted to you, then, now and forever
See you in my dreams my love

Welcome to my life grandaughter Lexis Clair Garrison I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

#13 horsehug

horsehug

Someone just shoot me!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,015 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:26 PM

Hey John, I want to truly thank you for putting up with my questions clear back from ten years ago or more and helping me learn more and more about this as you did your research.  I remember having to have you explain some things about the different types over and over til I grasped how the genetics worked.  I have been checking the website the last two months ever since you and Dr. Graves told me it was basically ready, and I'm sorry if I drove either of you nuts!  I truly have tried to be patient all these years, knowing it was extremely complicated and you were working incredibly hard on it.   You have been a great mentor and don't be surprised if I still have questions from time to time .  I was soo excited this morning when I checked the website and saw it was ready! :) I'll always remember this day.

Susan O.

• Debby - LB and Scottishlass like this
Hilliard Horses-to-Hug on the high plains of Southwest Wyoming
Tiny Exquisite Correct Colorful Minis!
http://www.hilliardhorsestohug.com

"If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish ulterior motives. Be kind anyway"......Mother Teresa
"Preach the Gospel at all times, and when necessary use words".........St Francis of Assisi

#14 targetsmom

targetsmom

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,198 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:50 PM

What wonderful news and how ironic that the test was first announced today - on my birthday and the day I gelded both our boys because we are getting out of breeding.  Based on the lack of interest and response to the letters to the editor that I submitted to MHW and the Journal, I am not real optimistic about interest in the actual testing.  Unless of course, some major breeder runs the tests and finds a stallion without any of the dwarf genes and decides to advertise the fact.  That might just do it....

• amysue likes this

Mary

On Target Miniatures, AMHA/AMHR/PtHA registered minis & Little Hooves 4-H Club
www.ontargetminiatures.com
Current avatar: Vermilyea Farms Exotic Exposure (B/W ex-broodmare now 4-H project: head shot); Aloha Acres Fashion by Magic (driving; also 4-H project); OTM Moonlight Snow (2013 B/W filly with ball); OTM Hit the Jackpot (2013 silver bay/white colt); OTM Sure Shot (2012 bay/white gelding); OTM Calling the Shots (2012 Gray/white filly). Almost half the herd of 14. Photos from summer 2013.

Some horses come and go, and others come, leave hoof prints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same. RIP Max & Target, our special boys.

#15 Carolyn R

Carolyn R

Someone just shoot me!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:42 PM

Very exciting news for those that breed. I am just hoping that there are more responsible/honest individuals than not. There will always be individuals that will pawn of horses with applications that are not valid, bad bites, prior injuries, disposition issues that do not make them a good match for the home they are going into......as always, buyer beware and now that this is available, I am sure there will be plenty of pre sale testing for breeders that will allow potential clients to do so ( or offer it as a standard procedure).
  • Margo_C-T and Scottishlass like this
Carolyn R
Forget Me Not Minis
"What one loves in childhood stays in your heart forever." ~Mary Jo Puthey~

#16 susanne

susanne

dB

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,243 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:43 PM

This is incredible news!

We can all play our part in this by only buying horses from those who test and share proof of the results. We have the tools, now we must use them for the good of our breed. 

AMHA and AMHR should note test results on a horse's papers. I'm sure many would object if this were a requirement, but it could at least be an option that would follow a horse throughout his or her life.  

Edited by susanne, 11 April 2014 - 05:43 AM.

• Margo_C-T, Debby - LB, targetsmom and 2 others like this

........................................................................................

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in.

........................................................................................

What if it's all a big hoax and we create a better world for nothing?.

.........................................................................................
They're not miniatures, they're concentrates

#17 Danielleee

Danielleee

Can't stop now

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Interests:Horses, books, and magical things.

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:48 PM

YES! This is awesome!!!!! Totally gonna pay to get my grandmothers one stallion tested (he hasnt been used for breeding but just in case she decides she wants to breed him)

SilverSprings Miniature Horse Farm

#18 Tremor

Tremor

I gotta get a life...

• Youth Member
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:08 AM

You guys do not know just how hard it was for me to conceal my excitement at work tonight...especially in front of truck drivers. (I work at a decent sized truck stop)

So. Freaking. Excited.
  • Debby - LB likes this

#19 targetsmom

targetsmom

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,198 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:24 AM

I am going to test the broodmare I have for sale and if she tests negative you can be sure the ad (and the price) will change.  I already have color test results on AMHA papers for last year's foals so I don't see why these results could not be added easily to A papers.  Next step is for buyers to shop for breeding minis with negative test results.

• Debby - LB, amysue and Scottishlass like this

Mary

On Target Miniatures, AMHA/AMHR/PtHA registered minis & Little Hooves 4-H Club
www.ontargetminiatures.com
Current avatar: Vermilyea Farms Exotic Exposure (B/W ex-broodmare now 4-H project: head shot); Aloha Acres Fashion by Magic (driving; also 4-H project); OTM Moonlight Snow (2013 B/W filly with ball); OTM Hit the Jackpot (2013 silver bay/white colt); OTM Sure Shot (2012 bay/white gelding); OTM Calling the Shots (2012 Gray/white filly). Almost half the herd of 14. Photos from summer 2013.

Some horses come and go, and others come, leave hoof prints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same. RIP Max & Target, our special boys.

#20 Arion Mgmt

Arion Mgmt

Habit Forming

• PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:18 AM

I would like to announce that Alvadars Double Destiny is NEGATIVE for ALL four dwarf mutations (D1,D2,D3,D4).

• horsehug, REO, susanne and 6 others like this
www.doubledestiny.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users