AMHA Obstacle Driving ??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BSharpRanch

Reaction score
I have a three part question about AMHA Obstacle Driving.

First...Has anyone here ever seen anyone compete in obstacle driving with a team on the local level? At Regionals? At Worlds?

Has anyone here ever competed in Obstacle Driving with a team at the local level? At Regionals? At Worlds?

And lastly, would anyone be interested to drive a team through Obstacle Driving on the local level? At Regionalw? At Worlds?

Thank you for your input!

I've never seen a team go through the Obstacle Driving class. Sure we would be interested in it. We're working on a team right now for the CDEs and since we also show AMHA it would be grand to get breed points as well.

When I was still actively showing(in AMHA), I never saw anyone drive a pair or any form of hitch of did two or more at any breed show I attended. I never went to a

Regionals(didn't have to; had enough points to go to the Nationals(now called 'Worlds")without having to make what would have been the long trip to the various sites of Western Regionals)--but did show at the Nationals/Worlds every couple of years or so for about 11 years...and never saw this there, so feel it is safe to assume it wasn't happening at any of the Regional shows. Drawback, as I think you know,is the 'settings' of certain obstacles; they are set up to accommodate the 'most often used' vehicle,which is a show cart; the wider Jeralds were, and likely still are, the 'standard'--because they are the most utilized vehicle. I know from your postings elsewhere that you are working to accommodate this, and I wish you much luck going forward.... I KNOW you have the skills!! ;-)

Margo in NM

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Margo. I showed the team at our two local shows last month and they did well in Driven Obstacle. The first show they placed 5-6-6 out of 11 entries and at the big show they placed second under one judge out of 12 entries! With that second place win the team won enough points to go to Worlds, thus why I was asking if anyone has done it or seen it.

Here is a photo of us coming out of the back-up at a trot.

1395956243923.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been playing with my wheelers and wagon on my driven obstacle course. Here is a short video of our last playtime! I do love the challenge of trying to get my team and wagon around and through the obstacles!

I do obstacle driving and in 23 years have never seen it done with a team. It is legal and according to the rules must be the last entry after the course is reset to accommodate the team. I think it would be fun.

WOW! Impressive driving!
default_aktion033.gif

Thank you for the compliments and answers! I am hoping that I can inspire other team drivers out there to challenge themselves and their teams and try doing driven obstacle. I have soooooooo much fun driving my pair through the obstacles. Which ones are my faces? Pivot in a hula hooop, backing into boxes or through a cone square and the u-turns!

Congratulations. I hope to see you drive at World.

Thank you Tony, I am hoping that life is kind to me this year so I can show at World's this year!

AS usual, they/you are looking pretty awesome!! Saw the video thru RED first, then again on this forum.

You maka me wanna go out and drive - even in this bitter cold (back up to 34* now) and ICE... NC has been shut down w/ this storm system! Im tired of hauling water and it's only been 2 weeks (because of a stupid mistake of leaving hose hooked up)...

The wagon came home last weekend (it's still in horse trailer) and w/ all the packing/unpacking and moving around - not sure which harness's are which right now. They are all here - in the shop. Hope to clean out the center section of the barn and move harness racks out to the barn this weekend. We'll see how that goes. Want to get more fence up, too.

Have got to get it all situated as need to start working ponies! Have a couple of drives want to get to in April - they/me need to be in shape for at least a 2 hour drive. Need to grease the wagon as well (won't get it refinished this spring, tho it needs it. Planning on that next fall/winter).

THANK YOU for sharing your videos. They are VERY inspiring!

Latest posts

Back