Tips for handling dystocias

17 replies to this topic

#11 Gone_Riding

Gone_Riding

Totally Addicted

• PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:37 PM

AWESOME, AWESOME info!!  Thank you so much!   :CheekKiss   Perfect timing for me as Sadie's dripping and my mind is going blank!

- Viola- 

Elandees Intriguing Kewpie Doll (Chloe- AMHR)

TBD Sweet Lady Rosie O'Grady (Sadie- AMHR "B")

Latiif Yatima (Taffy- AHA)

♥ ♥Check out the latest Lil Beginnings Featured Sale Board Ads HERE!

#12 Gone_Riding

Gone_Riding

Totally Addicted

• PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:04 AM

This saved my baby's life.  It kept me calm and focused.  Thank  you so much for all your hard work and effort.   :wub    :CheekKiss

• Eagle and amystours like this

- Viola- 

Elandees Intriguing Kewpie Doll (Chloe- AMHR)

TBD Sweet Lady Rosie O'Grady (Sadie- AMHR "B")

Latiif Yatima (Taffy- AHA)

#13 cassie

cassie

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,244 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:02 PM

Great topic! This is getting printed and put straight in the stable! A must have for every person breeding or with a pregnant mare.
Thank you so very much for all your guidance, you have helped so many of us. Cant thank you enough!

#14 Eagle

Eagle

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,945 posts
  • Interests:horses and dogs!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:43 AM

Thank you for taking the time to make this thread. I am sure it will be a life saver for many many babies and it will give lots of newbies that vital info they might just need.

Thank you Aunites.

#15 Miniatures

Miniatures

-

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,689 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:38 PM

Thank you.  We're very serious about helping these little ones get safely to the ground.  You might want to print the article out and pin it up in the stall.  Even with good neighbors, sometimes little things get forgotten in the craziness of the moment.  And all these things have worked -- here on the threads you'll see the results -- so I'm glad it helped you.  Don't be afraid, the key is to read, read and re-read again, so things are up front in your mind.  Even if something does happen -- and we don't expect it to, so don't worry -- you just want to be prepared and ready to act.  Make sure your foaling kit has lubricant in it -- even K-Y jelly will work from the drugstore -- as many times we forget to add that to the kit.

We're praying for uneventful births of healthy little ones, but we always want to be prepared in case our ladies need us.  :yes

#16 MyGoldenSunny

MyGoldenSunny

Can't stop now

• PipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Interests:Crazy for minis!!! And draft horses, as well as any breed of horse! : D

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:13 PM

Thank you so very much for this!!!!
~Jessie~

Mini horse babies:
Sunny, Summer, Flower, Annie

#17 Lepeppylass

Lepeppylass

Habit Forming

• PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Interests:My dogs, my horses, and my family.

Posted 16 March 2015 - 07:21 PM

I'm printing this and putting it on top of my foaling kit in a laminate pouch! If my mare is indeed pregnant, I will be the only one within 10-15 minutes drive that can help her! I want all the helpful reference material I can find, and this has been amazing!

*Amanda*
~Lass~Crystal~ 
and the loveable mutts
Chief, Sarge, and Captain

#18 bunni1900

bunni1900

Habit Forming

• PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 11:26 AM

WOW! Thank you for the FANTASTIC information! I have assisted in and observed many dystocias in my years working on a quarter horse ranch and raising my own. I have seen almost all of these and have tried explaining to my fill-in midwife (my mother who is not well versed in dystocias) what they are and how to correct them if I am not there (for whatever reason). This article puts it so succinctly and clearly that I am confident she could understand and perform the actions recommended. Thank you so very much for this FANTASTIC article!
  • Debby - LB likes this
~*Double Treble Minis*~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users