18 replies to this topic

#11 Eagle

Eagle

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,945 posts
  • Interests:horses and dogs!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:10 AM

Thanks for adding this Heidi, many people don't realise that the fencing they have won't be suitable for a new foal so this post is very important. :ThumbUp

♥ ♥Check out the latest Lil Beginnings Featured Sale Board Ads HERE!

#12 targetsmom

targetsmom

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,198 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:13 PM

LOL, we just spent Tuesday afternoon re-foal-proofing our fencing! We originally fenced for a big horse, with lovely 3 "rail" flexible vinyl on one side, with 2X4"  non-climb wire on the other sides (to keep dogs and animals out).  Last year we put deer netting along the vinyl but it didn't work out that well, as babies would find the holes and escape - even Clyde!!!  Mom's and babies tend to get pretty upset when that happens.. So this week we added 2X4" non-climb to the inside of the vinyl.  From a distance you can't really see it, so it still has the lovely look of the 3 white "rails".

BTW, deer netting DOES work pretty well if you get the heavier netting and attach it well.  It seems to be very safe as even little hooves can't fit through it.

• LittleRibbie likes this

Mary

On Target Miniatures, AMHA/AMHR/PtHA registered minis & Little Hooves 4-H Club
www.ontargetminiatures.com
Current avatar: Vermilyea Farms Exotic Exposure (B/W ex-broodmare now 4-H project: head shot); Aloha Acres Fashion by Magic (driving; also 4-H project); OTM Moonlight Snow (2013 B/W filly with ball); OTM Hit the Jackpot (2013 silver bay/white colt); OTM Sure Shot (2012 bay/white gelding); OTM Calling the Shots (2012 Gray/white filly). Almost half the herd of 14. Photos from summer 2013.

Some horses come and go, and others come, leave hoof prints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same. RIP Max & Target, our special boys.

#13 Eagle

Eagle

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,945 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:21 PM

Sounds perfect Mary but of course we will need a few pics to be sure :whistling

#14 targetsmom

targetsmom

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,198 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:30 PM

LOL Renee - I downloaded all the photos of Luna and Jake today but the ones of the fence are still on the camera!!!  I expect there will be more photos taken tomorrow so another chance to download.

ETA: I found one that just happens to have Jake in it (and Mira on the other side):

Attached Thumbnails

• P1090617.JPG

Edited by targetsmom, 09 May 2013 - 09:37 PM.

Mary

Current avatar: Vermilyea Farms Exotic Exposure (B/W ex-broodmare now 4-H project: head shot); Aloha Acres Fashion by Magic (driving; also 4-H project); OTM Moonlight Snow (2013 B/W filly with ball); OTM Hit the Jackpot (2013 silver bay/white colt); OTM Sure Shot (2012 bay/white gelding); OTM Calling the Shots (2012 Gray/white filly). Almost half the herd of 14. Photos from summer 2013.

Some horses come and go, and others come, leave hoof prints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same. RIP Max & Target, our special boys.

#15 Miniatures

Miniatures

-

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,689 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:21 AM

He is simply a stunning boy!!!!

#16 targetsmom

targetsmom

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,198 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:31 AM

LOL Diane- you are supposed to be looking at the FENCE!!! But thank you!  And Jake was so stand-offish for the first day that we wondered if somehow the foals got switched internally because Dancer is so friendly while Toffee has issues, and the foals were the exact opposite.  But Jake came around VERY quickly, as you can see.

Anyway, back to the fence:  From a distance you don't even notice the wire mesh but it is there, going all the way to the ground, to keep the little ones inside.  And Mira outside... she has been known to squeeze through too, if the grass looks greener on the other side!

Mary

#17 Miniatures

Miniatures

-

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,689 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:17 PM

I have to admit -- I never even SAW the fence -- just that little stunner!!  :whistling

But I'll try to find the fence now....depositphotos_11137007-Detective-with-ma

#18 Eagle

Eagle

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,945 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:56 PM

Diane is it wineo'clock there? ROFL

#19 Miniatures

Miniatures

-