Pacific Pintos Miniature Horses Foaling Cams

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So excited I finally saw a birthing! I only hopped on last night to have a read and saw Lil Hoofbeats 'i've called her and she's at the barn' comment and got to see the whole thing. Congratulations Joanne, and awesome job, you looked so in control the whole time!

Who was treasure bred to I forgot lol

aw congrats Joanne You have had some nice foals this year.
default_smile.png

What was your final count of foals this years fillies and colts and colors?

I can't wait to see photos

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on a great ending to your foaling season! Of course I missed it, but I have been sick all week so not surprised. As long as Treasure did her job, that is what matters.

YAY Treasure!!!! Such a cute little filly! I think I watched for a half hour or more today while the lil girl snoozed in the hay! Such a cool experience being able to watch it on the barn cam!!!! Thanks for sharing your girls with us
default_yes.gif

Is it just me, or is this like when you have your own newborn?!?!? I'm watching the cam and she is so sleepy and so still....I keep thinking "is she breathing, is she ok" LOL! Just like when I had my daughter...constant worry! She's so cute to watch on the screen - I can only imagine how cute she is in person!

I got exhausted yesterday watching her trying to find the milk bar. I don't know if she had nursed by that point, but I DO know I sat for over an hour oohing and awhing over her when I should have been doing a lot of other horsey chores lol.

I was asked to repost this, so here goes.

Thank you to all you "Aunties" that called and woke me up. You were all indeed right that she was about to foal and had I been reading earlier posts, there were several of you that saw it more than an hour in advance.

For those that were watching live, the labor was happening but the water did not break. I watched for several minutes and she was having good contractions with no change. When I checked her I could feel the placenta in her hoohoo, and after verifying that I could feel hooves and a muzzle, I broke the sac.

Once again labor started and the amnionic sac was right at the opening and yet the labor was not pushing the foal further out. Once the feet were at the opening I broke the amnionic sac and started assisting the foal out. It was a slow go, especially as this is her first foal. I did not want her to tear, but wanted the foal out A.S.A.P.

Fortunatly I was able to get the foal out safely and she is a quite active foal.
filly.gif

As to Jen's questions...

Both Sire AND Dam are homozygous black, so this filly will be as well. Soooo even though she looks white, she is a black horse. Confused yet
huh.gif
??
lol-034.gif

She does have some spots of color on her rump, and her ears have roan like color as well. More color may appear as she gets older, as foals are lighter than adults.

Her sire is a sabino splashed white and dam is a frame sabino splashed white, so there are five color genes between them. Likely she will be carrying at least three color genes and could very well be homozygous for one or more.

Only her dna geneticist will be able to tell us for sure.
rofl3.gif

She is a color producing dynamo.

As I said on my Tweet from the barn, the phone calls that woke us up made all the difference to getting there in a timely manner. Though when I woke up she was standing innocently in the corner and looked no difference. I got up and got dressed and by that time and with an additional call from Julie in NC I saw her have a contraction and headed to the barn.

You have no idea how much both Treasure and I appreciate your watching over her.
bighug.gif
thanxsign.gif

I think we have settled on Pacific Magnolia for the name. She had a slow start for a few days, likely due to the red bag delivery. But then her activity level and her weight zoomed.

She will continue to be in a barn stall and under lights for a while. It is too cold to put her out overnight. So you can watch her on the live cams.

Joanne,

You had alot of nice foals this year. I can't wait to see your future foals for 2013.I have admired your foals, studs and mares.I hoping someday to get wildly marked mare for my sweet Elvis.

Share with us your 2013 mare and stud line up photos please
default_smile.png

Named... Pacific Sweet Magnolia.

We will try to get a hair sample to send out for color testing this week. We will post the results once we have them.

Melissa there are too many sires and dams due in 2013 to post. Stay tuned and we will post as we start watching them.

Named... Pacific Sweet Magnolia.

We will try to get a hair sample to send out for color testing this week. We will post the results once we have them.

Melissa there are too many sires and dams due in 2013 to post. Stay tuned and we will post as we start watching them.
When is the first one due?

Back