Dolly's Due Anyday (I Hope) Foaling Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont want to jinx it, but I'm watching her on camera and she seems pretty restless. Maybe baby tonight! I'll keep you all posted.
default_aktion033.gif

Judging by those pics, your girls looks about the same stage as mine and mine have 2 - 3 weeks to go yet.

Good luck with the foaling whenever it occurs.

I hope I can make it two more weeks. lol That will put her at 345 days, is that about right? we shaved the star into her for my sons Halloween show.
default_smile.png

Quick question, she had her first loose manure today. Its not diarea, but looser than normal for sure...mean anything? Thanks

From her udder pictures, I'm going to say not before the next 2 weeks -- but udders can change overnight -- so keep checking.

/monthly_02_2012/post-44389-0-33409000-1328315221_thumb.jpg

Is that a star on her flank? Is it her patterning?? If so, that's really cool!!!
default_aktion033.gif

Looser poop is an indication of getting closer to foaling. Is she biting her sides or legs?

She has been biting at her back legs and looking at her sides, but it goes in phases. She'll seem really restless for a while and doing these things an then quiet for a while...

Looser poop is an indication of getting closer to foaling. Is she biting her sides or legs?

good morning,
saludando.gif
I need your land line number to be able to call you on skype?

How is she looking ?

From the pictures I would say that she has a while to go yet - agree on the 2 to 3 weeks suggested. But like te others say, keep watching closely as these mares caan be sneaky little ladies! LOL!!

She may just be feeling a bit restless/uncomfortable due to the foal changing position. Can you get right down at her level and get a side on picture of her so we can view her tummy direct rather than looking down from above?

She's doing good. Happy to report her bag has about doubled in size! Other than that, about the same after tonight's check. She's been restless off and on. Now, laying down quiet as a mouse. Piles are still loose. Hopefully moving in the right direction.
default_smile.png

default_saludando.gif
Hi and a big welcome from me in Wales UK
default_saludando.gif
shes a very pretty little mare and its great to have another to add to expectant mother collection
default_aktion033.gif
..Im so glad I dont have one due this year as Im way too busy watching all these pretty mares
default_laugh.png
plus this way I dont get the sleepless night or the worry
default_rolleyes.gif
looking forward to watching her on cam when the time comes
default_aktion033.gif

She's doing good. Happy to report her bag has about doubled in size! Other than that, about the same after tonight's check. She's been restless off and on. Now, laying down quiet as a mouse. Piles are still loose. Hopefully moving in the right direction.
default_smile.png

Just checking in on you. Are you getting any naps? Hope things are progressing well. Keep us posted. We are rooting for ya!

Hi Im new here to, but these group of girls here are the best at helping you with your mare. I to have a maiden mare first baby for her and boy with maidens they usually dont follow any guidlines mine currently is 322 days and has a decent set of udders but will give on milk.. She is up on mare stare now, i wont be able to see Dolly due to no skype but will follow on thread.

if i remember correctly dollys had babys before right? Only asking cause normally if theyve had foaled they end up showing some sign, may it be ever so small, like extra drinking, butt rubbing, attidude just watch close and know that any slight change may be her sign.....

let me know if theres anything i can help you with.

once again welcome
default_saludando.gif
:salute

This had been so great! Dolly is at day 328 today! This is her second foal that I know of. We are so excited! I love your girl and your barn set up.
default_smile.png

Hi Im new here to, but these group of girls here are the best at helping you with your mare. I to have a maiden mare first baby for her and boy with maidens they usually dont follow any guidlines mine currently is 322 days and has a decent set of udders but will give on milk.. She is up on mare stare now, i wont be able to see Dolly due to no skype but will follow on thread.

if i remember correctly dollys had babys before right? Only asking cause normally if theyve had foaled they end up showing some sign, may it be ever so small, like extra drinking, butt rubbing, attidude just watch close and know that any slight change may be her sign.....

let me know if theres anything i can help you with.

once again welcome
default_saludando.gif
:salute

Good evening! Dolly is doing about the same! She is finally getting a bigger bag and is no longer so willing to let me touch it. Day 328 today. Last night was long, laid flat several times and I thought we were getting ready, but not yet! Trying to be patient...I was unable to get the camera up and running for you all to watch, maybe tomorrow.

I hve a question; do they usually foal at night?

default_smile.png

Good evening! Dolly is doing about the same! She is finally getting a bigger bag and is no longer so willing to let me touch it. Day 328 today. Last night was long, laid flat several times and I thought we were getting ready, but not yet! Trying to be patient...I was unable to get the camera up and running for you all to watch, maybe tomorrow.

I hve a question; do they usually foal at night?

default_smile.png

The majority does but that does not mean a thing. It will happen when it happens. One of my mares has had her 3 for me noonish or sometime when she knows we are not out in the barn with her. My other mare had hers around 3:30 a.m.

Latest posts

Back