Dolly's Due Anyday (I Hope) Foaling Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

painthorsekrazy

Reaction score
Hi all! This is my first miniature baby and I'm a little stressed to say the least! First off, let me start by saying I have not had the mare preg tested! I decided to go with the wait and see approach...that is adding to the stress! I've had her in the barn on mare stare for about 3 weeks and she is at day 327 today. Everything that I've seen with her points to a baby any time...the one thing that is throwing me off is her bag. She does not have much. The right side is slightly fuller, but there really is not a bag. I'm able to express fluid. The right side is a honey color and the left is white. She is soft and long in the rear and her tail has some resistence when I pick it up. She has been swishing her tail quite a bit, rolling occasionally, yawning, etc. She's not huge in the belly, but has the "V" shape to it. Can anyone tell me if they've had experience with a bag like this and what to think? Any information is appreciated!!!
default_yes.gif
I will post pictures of her tonight and pictures of the bag. THank you!!!

Sounds like my Delilah only I don't have a foal date
default_wacko.png
. Welcome from Tx. Wish I could be of more help. My only suggestion is keep a close eye on her. What's the link on marestare? There are a wonderful crazy bunch of ladies here that I'm sure can help. Wishing you a healthy easy foaling
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif

Thank you! Well since I'm a rookie at this, I had to be creative with my barn cam. So I have a baby monitor set-up and am skyping the TV in the house. That way I can watch her from my mobile anywhere. It's actually working quite well. I think anyone can skype in and see her. The email address it's under is [email protected]. Not 100% it will work as I'm new to Skype too! Thank you again, I'm so excited I can't sleep a wink at night. I stare at the monitor all night!
default_wacko.png
Is there an actual "marestare" website?

Yes mam there is. You can goggle it or look on one of the other foaling threads they have a link where you can watch their mares. I'm getting my set up this weekend so right now I'm doing the TV thing. I have skype also so I'll see if I can get yours up

Hi and welcome from Italy. There is the website "marestare. com " that you can stream through for about $20 a month. I am on my iphone right now as it is after midnight and I am in bed. Lol but in the morning I will try and get your cam up through skype.

I look forward to seeing some pics of your girl.

Renee

P.S where are you?

I will check it out. I'm in California. Italy! Wow this is so fun!!! There are a couple places in the stall that are not visible right against the wall. I'm hoping to fix that this weekend.

Shayna

How old is she and has she foaled before? How tall is she and the stallion?

Sorry for all the questions. Lol

She's 14 and she had a foal in 2005 with her previous owner. Everything went well and she did have a great bag. She couldn't remember when she bagged up though. She is 32" and the stallion is 28".

How old is she and has she foaled before? How tall is she and the stallion?

Sorry for all the questions. Lol

Hi Shayna and welcome to the 'home' of us fun loving crazy marewatchers (actually we are not crazy at all - it is just that there are certain mares on here who have driven us crazy with their very long pregnancies, usually due to mistaken covering dates!!)

But it sounds as though your Dolly is going to foal almost before we get to know both her and you! (cant wait for the pictures!) I dont do skype so will just have to rely on any pictures you can post and any info you can give us.

Is this her first foal, how old is she, what size, who is the stallion? Etc etc!! We love to have LOTS of info.
default_yes.gif

Oh and yes, a mare can foal without having a full bag, but if you can get milk from her have you tried using the milk testing thingy - the others will tell you coz I dont do any testing at all and simply do the watching game!

Oh ooop's we all seem to be posting at the same time - thanks for the info!

Thank you! I've read lots of info on the milk testing kits, but frankly, it sounds complicated and with there not really being a bag, I wsa worried about taking the milk she does have. Maybe that's crazy???

Hi Shayna and welcome to the 'home' of us fun loving crazy marewatchers (actually we are not crazy at all - it is just that there are certain mares on here who have driven us crazy with their very long pregnancies, usually due to mistaken covering dates!!)

But it sounds as though your Dolly is going to foal almost before we get to know both her and you! (cant wait for the pictures!) I dont do skype so will just have to rely on any pictures you can post and any info you can give us.

Is this her first foal, how old is she, what size, who is the stallion? Etc etc!! We love to have LOTS of info.
default_yes.gif

Oh and yes, a mare can foal without having a full bag, but if you can get milk from her have you tried using the milk testing thingy - the others will tell you coz I dont do any testing at all and simply do the watching game!

I bought "Foal-Time " milk testing strips last year and they are amazing, they cost about $20 and they told me my mare was ready to foal and she did 2 hours later.

Wow she is adorable! Her hooha looks relaxed already, does it always look like that?

Latest posts

Back