Chablis and Rosie

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New years is not far off and you know how quickly these mares can change
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif

Yes, they can make sudden changes but I have pretty detailed history on Rosie and she doesn't do anything fast. Based on her previous foalings, she's a good week to week and half out. Chablis I have no idea since no one has ever tracked her history.

default_cheekkiss.gif
Just a thought! It's great that you have such detailed records on Rosie! That is wonderful. That's what I am doing this year with April. Trying to be very detailed and at the same time doing the same thing with Delilah even tho I don't have a foal date. All records will help with next year
default_biggrin.png

Girls are holding steady this morning. I fear based on past experiences and how slow they are to get moving that we're having another crop of colts.
default_sad.png
I want fillies! (foot stomp)

Update tonight, we have some things going on!

Chablis has a slight increase to her bag and is becoming easier to collect colostrum. Light clear yellow, pH 8.4, Calcium 200

Rosie also has a slight increase to her bag as well....BUT....this evening her colostrum has gone from a light clear yellow to a colorless opaque!
default_aktion033.gif
Not really adding up with the pH 8.4 and Calcium 200 though.
default_unsure.png
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some other changes with her in the morning. I might go back out and check her bag tonight. The last time I noted a color change we had a baby shortly after (she needs to hold on!
default_lock.gif
).

Sorry! I don't do preggo pictures of the girls. At this stage in pregnancy they look their worst and I only post the very best and attractive pictures of our horses. The very first post in this thread does have a link to our web cam where you can view them live. I haven't found that taking pictures of mares or their bags beneficial in predicting estimated foaling. My best experiences have been testing colostrum for pH and calcium changes.

We finally have some vulva changes going on with Rosie. Puffy and very loose this evening. Its starting to redden on the inside as well. I have never been failed by the combination of a full bag, bright red vulva, pH 6.4, and Calcium of 1000. Now we're starting to really make progress.
default_aktion033.gif

I don't think we'll be having any extra fireworks here tonight. The girls are just taking their sweet time.

I noticed you braided Rosie's tail.Do we have a little more going on this evening?
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah Just about an hour and a half and New Year's baby!!!! Hope you have a great one.
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah

No news. I think we're in for a long wait. I just braided their tails to do it and get it done with. I really wish they'd get a move on. Chablis is at 330 tomorrow!

Chablis is at 330 days today. Both girls over the past week have had decreased bags and
default_poke.gif
no change in colostrum. Rosie looked a little fuller this morning but I'm not feeling well (haven't for the last few days) and
default_frusty.gif
I'm so annoyed with them at this point I didn't do any testing. Fingers crossed they pick up the action this week!
default_xreiter.gif

Sorry you are not feeling well. Get some rest while you can, because before long you will have two beautiful foals to play with.
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah We'll be watching for you.
default_new_shocked.gif
:shocked You're such a good Momma doing all the detailed history on all your furbabies.

Carin as Hazel has said make sure you rest. If the girls aren't progressing fast then that will give you time to get well so you are fighting fit to play with your new babies.

There will be a full moon next Monday so who knows
biggrin.gif

Get well soon
c4124bf2ac7caab8843acd291414c52417bf56.gif

Thank you! That is a true..a full moon is only a week away. Fingers crossed!

So sorry the girls are messing you around when you arn't feeling well Carin.

Hope you feel better soon.
default_yes.gif

Update:

Chablis 330 days no change. Bag seemed a little firmer this evening but otherwise not significant.
default_poke.gif

Rosie 326 days - noticed she was much more restless this afternoon. lots of stall walking which is unusal for her. Increased edema in front of bag, bag feels larger, firmer, and warm. No change in pH, calcium, or color. Did notice her butt rubbing at one point and her vulva was lengthened and had increased pigment.
default_risa8.gif
Moving in the right direction!

Back