DUSTY HAS FOALED

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love chestnuts Jenny
default_smile.png
they have such vibrant colouring
default_yes.gif
how is your little man going?

default_saludando.gif
hi cassie were have you been hiding.....de-ago is ok bit worried about his poos but hes had a few today but there still black and

hard...had to give him another enema yesterday.......and seems to be doing a lot of laying down today is that normal????????????????????????????

35kj1n9.jpg

14l4n7r.jpg

and this is my cousin he can gets new him but i cant
closedeyes.gif
closedeyes.gif

default_saludando.gif
hi cassie were have you been hiding.....de-ago is ok bit worried about his poos but hes had a few today but there still black and

hard...had to give him another enema yesterday.......and seems to be doing a lot of laying down today is that normal????????????????????????????

35kj1n9.jpg

14l4n7r.jpg

and this is my cousin he can gets new him but i cant
closedeyes.gif
closedeyes.gif
NAW snuggles!! how frustrating though! has he got a white stocking on his back leg??
default_biggrin.png
SO mega cute!!

Finn's poops are black... he never had any trouble though... didn't even need to give him ONE enema... I wonder... if you made Dusty's feed up like a mash... so she gets lots of fluids it would pass on to bubba?? totally guessing here, but Suzie was on a mash at night for the first week or two and Finn never had a problem... just an idea to try maybe?

Jenny have you checked Dusty's udder to make sure De-ago is eating enough?

default_saludando.gif
yer she seems to have milk and its very white is that normal....but when he nurses he dosnt drink for very long i see him nugging

at her udders more then drinking...............

default_saludando.gif
often but seems to do more nugging at the milk bar then drinking it...but he pees a lot so he must be getting plenty of milk

14l4n7r.jpg

It looks like your cousin has just appeared from a whole in the ground
new_rofl.gif

LOL!! Renee - it does doesn't it!
default_biggrin.png

Jenny, frequent drinks and butting Momma's udders are quite normal.
default_yes.gif

Like the others have said, lots of wet mashy food for Momma may help little De-ago with his poops. Also is your hay as leafy as possible? It is a good supply of grass that provides a mare's system with the necessary 'ingredients' to keep a foals digestion working properly, so where there is a lack of suitable 'green stuff' other methods have to be used. Hence the need for wet food at the very least. Are you feeding a good mare and foal feed because that can help. How about some well soaked sugar beet - just make sure that little De-ago cant get at her feed bowl coz a foal this young cant chew the beet bits.

Hopefully the little man will get himself sorted before long.
default_yes.gif

The pictures are brilliant Jenny - he's just gorgeous.
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

default_saludando.gif
hi all de-ago is doing great found lots of poo this morning still i bit hard though....but i might feed dusty a bran mash that would be ok yer

Little Lucky Toy Warrior

Hope mama is giving plenty of milk and yes, head butting mama is normal. They dont drink long, but often.

Hi Eagle, It took me ages to dig that hole
default_biggrin.png
JK

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back