dustys foaling thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_saludando.gif
ill bring the tea and cake,,,,it would be great if we all lived closer
default_yes.gif

Bree, I like your idea.The picture in my head is too cute.

I would love to live closer with all of ya'll and have a morning coffee with you. Of course we have to feed first
default_aktion033.gif
or we might get sidetracked.
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah

default_saludando.gif
could you just see us lot togther you woudnt be able to shut us all up
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl
default_new_rofl.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
We'd probably miss all the foalings - too busy chatting!!

Your could bring the custard creams Anna. Oh wouldn't it be wonderful to all meet up for a coffee morning, of course Bree would be late after her bopping trip. Lol

Yes but no one would mention I was late. And if they did I'd just bop them too!
default_wink.png

Yes but no one would mention I was late. And if they did I'd just bop them too!
default_wink.png
HAHA all I can say is your girls are TOOO FUNNY!! I love you all! and I too wished we all lived closer! it would be so much fun!

Jenny I am so sorry that all of this is happening to you right now... it will get better!
default_yes.gif

hugs and prayers being sent!

default_saludando.gif
ok ive rang the vet there gunna call me back ....but dusty has a bloody show still but her udders have got bigger

so do yous think shes gunna foal or has she got what saffires got
closedeyes.gif
closedeyes.gif
closedeyes.gif
closedeyes.gif
closedeyes.gif

this is doing my head in
default_frusty.gif

Take a photo. We can't really help if we can't see what's going on
default_no.gif

default_saludando.gif
well the vet just called thay said if dusty doesnt foal in the next couple of days....then put her on antibotics

closedeyes.gif
closedeyes.gif
closedeyes.gif
iam not happy with this vet

Wish I could send you my vet.
default_no.gif

Can you ask around your area for recommendations for a good vet or, even better, one who does a lot of horse stud work?

Put up some fresh pics, maybe the experienced people here can advise on how close she is.

you poor thing Jenny,

I really can't help as I have no knowledge to give... if you wanted to call a vet that is really helpful... Derek Major at Agnes Bank Equine Clinic... he is here NSW but has helped many people around Asutralia n they have heaps of knowledge... I know that one of the breeders here a good friend of mine, Karen from Lai Lai Miniatures used him when she had an emergency with a colt and he was brilliant...

just a suggestion mate... hope it helps...

otherwise you know I am here giving moral support...
default_yes.gif

default_sad.png
Poor you..Im sorry I cant advise you either its all beond me but like Cassie..Im here thinking about you and will give you all the moral support I can {{{more Hugs}}}

In all fairness, I would imagine the vet is basing this on the fact that she had a bloody-show, and her udders are bigger -- which would suggest that she is nearing her foaling time. To the vet, it might indicate that she would be expected to foal within a couple of days. BUT if she doesn't, then I'm sure s/he's considering that both mares may have a similar infection -- in which case putting her on the antibiotics which seem to be helping Saffire would be a normal step.

I certainly don't KNOW what s/he's thinking, but just throwing it out.

Is this the new vet or the first one that was so negative?

default_saludando.gif
its the first vet that is so negative

How dare a vet simply give you 'instructions' without either giving you good reasons for that course of action or, at the very least, meet with you to discuss findings and any medication needed and to explain things fully!

Sorry if I'm not making sense but I am so angry with the way you are being treated Jenny!

Get hold of your new vet, arrange for her to visit and get her to have a good chat with you about what is going on - does she have any ideas as to where this infection originated as it has now affected two of your girls (if indeed Dusty has it, which I very much doubt as she has no other symptoms like the yellowing in her eyes). If you can arrange this visit then it will give her a good idea of exactly where you live, plus your set up and therefore she will be able to get to you in a hurry when Saffire and/or Dusty go into labour.

I say again how much I wish we all lived closer - the internet may be a great invention, but it is simply so frustrating when all we want to do is to get to one of our friends to help, give support and loads of big (((((HUGS))))).

Thank YOU Jenny for allowing us into your life and entrusting us with your fears and problems - I do sincerely wish that we could give you all the answers and whisk away your troubles for you.
default_yes.gif

I have been so fortunate in having Cathy beside me for the past 5 years - it helps so much to have someone right there to talk things over with and to offer support. Before we moved to Wales, Cathy had little to do with the minis so for all the previous years of breeding, it was down to me and although I must have had the luck of the gods behind me, it was a very 'lonely' and exhausting time - not 'lonely' from the point of view of having loads of people around me (there were always plenty) but from not having someone 'actively' interested and taking part. So I do appreciate how 'alone' you must feel most of the time, which is why you need to make a friend of your new vet as this will help you feel that you have a 'back up' behind you in times of stress.

One of the reasons I hope I never have to move from here is due to our vets. A great group of girls who several years ago set up a state of the art equine hospital near us. They are all bonkus (would get on like a house on fire here with us lot LOL!!) and are happy to speak on the phone, or on visits will stop and chat for as long as it takes (no extra charge) in fact after helping with the occasional middle of thee night foaling, they are happy to hang around drinking coffee (some smoking happily), chatting and talking to the other mares and foals. They always drive to us for a foaling, talking all the way on their mobiles, offering help and suggestions as they rush to be here, plus we always get a phone call the following morning for updates and to make sure we are happy with progress (this applies to any of their visits and often also includes a long chat with the receptionist, who by 9am knows all about what went on the night or day before and is genuinely interested in the outcome! They are just brilliant and I wish all vets were the same!!
default_yes.gif

So get your new vet fully involved, you wont regret it!

Latest posts

Back