beau beaus own thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the others, I too hope that our support helps, plus please know that we shall still support you through any action that you may choose to take in the future.

BUT please note that I said FUTURE. None of us knows what the future holds anyway, and with little Beau you can only 'surmise' what it might hold for him from things that people have told you. Every animal, just like us humans, is different and Beau is his own individual little person with his own make up, his own problems and just possibly, his own solutions. So dont judge him by what you think his future possibilities are, rather treat him just as you would any other foal. He needs your love and attention, he needs gentle handling, scratches etc.

If Sweety doesn't want fuss or attention at the moment, then ignore her, but go and sit out with her and Beau as often as you can and let him come and be friends with you - and he will, quite happy before long, to leave his Momma to do her own thing. When he is ready, play with him, touch him all over, let him rub himself against you, to sit in your lap if he wants, and before you know it you will be able to do more with him. Dont forget that he is going to need worming, so letting him 'mouth' on your fingers will give you the opportunity to slip a wormer into the corner of his mouth when needed. And he will need his little feet trimmed sometime in the future, so being able to fuss, touch and maybe hold him without distress, will make this so much easier.

So, hard as it will be for you Jenny, now is not the time to give up on Beau. Never say never! The future is not in our hands and may yet suprise us all.

So take courage from our love, support and good wishes and step forward from tomorrow with new purpose and confidence, walk straight ahead and try not to worry what might be round the next corner - the road you walk may just be a very long one before a corner appears.

((((HUGS))))

I totally agree Anna, when I said to leave them I meant to leave sweety quiet with her baby but by no means did I intend you to stop sitting quietly close by. All babies are curious, some sooner than others but I haven't had one yet that hasn't finally given in and come sniffing. Lol

Horses love routine so if you do the same routine everyday Sweety will find comfort in that.

We had a big mare that was very protective and always tried to hide her babies, with her last foal I sat for weeks in her field every morning for 30 minutes, as she started to relax I would roll an apple over to her and on the 5th day after her apple she came over with her baby to see if she could have another one, I cried and felt so stupid cos my father in law was watching( he had told me I was wasting my time) she didn't relax 100% but she let me check him over daily and scratch him.

Beau is still very young and Sweety needs time to get fed up with his antics and then she will be happy for you to baby sit for a while. Lol

you girls are the best! you have so much wisdom and knowledge to give us newbies!! I don't know where I would be without your love help and support! and I'm sure Jenny would agree
default_yes.gif

Thank you for all the time you have given us
default_biggrin.png

Jenny we are here to support you through this, keep positive it definitley helps.
default_yes.gif
and I know its hard but try and give Beau and Sweety the most normal time that you can
default_smile.png
love your little man like nothing else!!
default_wub.png

default_saludando.gif
ive just read what yous all wrote you girls are truely the best iam getting more love and support from yous then the friends i have were i live

THANK YOU THANK YOU.... YOU ALL MEAN SO MUCH TO ME
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png

default_saludando.gif
oh it peeved down with rain here last night thay didnt say on the weather report that it was ment to

rain and now my little beau is wet through what do i do
default_no.gif
i dont want him to get cold

Did you see my photos of Lyric and Sterling, soaked through and completely unfussed by it?
default_new_rofl.gif

Remember a horse's coat is designed to not let the water touch the skin. On top of that the early foal's arrive with an extra thick supply of hair which also prevents them from getting chilled.

Horse's have been birthing and raising foals for years with and without human help
default_yes.gif

I think the technical term is buckskin or even dun..but id say "ABSOLUTELY GOEGEOUS"
default_wub.png

Oh! He is so adorable! I've been out picking corn all morning and I'm waiting for it to dry so I can package it. thought I would come in and looky loo! I got my baby fix for the week!
default_aktion033.gif
default_wub.png
I also think he is dun.

default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
I catch to pat him and scrach him and he was stucking my fingers
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
I catch to pat him and scrach him and he was stucking my fingers
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
YAY!!!!!!!! isn't it the best feeling!!!!!!!
default_biggrin.png
I love it! except I'm not letting Finn do it too much now as he is starting to get some little teeth coming through, don't want him biting in the future LOL

default_saludando.gif
i have bruiseing all over my arms from beau bighting me and i just love it

i no iam weird......
default_new_multi.gif

default_saludando.gif
now its beau that will come over to me and say hello

but sweety still will not go near me

go figger that one

Oh Jenny, little Beau is not only progressing well - he's just gorgeous and so cuddly.
default_wub.png

I notice that he seems happy standing with his weight on his bad leg, how is he when he moves - does he still 'save' it or is he happy putting weight on it at least some of the time when scampering around?

I think he will be a buckskin, but what is that darker patch on his neck?

With Sweety, could you put her food bowl around 10-20 feet from you while you are sitting playing with Beau and then each day move it a bit closer (but not right up to you). If you ignore her, will she come for her food? It's just a way to get HER to come to YOU for something nice, without you doing anything to her. Perhaps you could offer Beau a little of his own food at the same time if he is likely to go after Sweety's?

So glad that you and Beau are becoming friends - well done to you.
default_yes.gif

default_saludando.gif
nope i sit about 3 feet away from her feed bowl but as soon i put my hand near her shes off

but she will let me pat beau .... cant work her out she;s
default_no.gif
gone real strange on me

Last edited by a moderator:
Some mares are just afraid and she is just trying to teach Beau to be cautious. Dipinto's mum was just the same, I never had to US her cos as soon as she was preggy she would become a real cow yet normaly she is always in your pockets. It never stopped her babies being really friendly though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back