What Are Your Favorite Restaurants?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love to have someone cook ME a good meal sometime!
I hear that!
default_yes.gif

Thanks for the info on the biscuits, Robin and I am definitely going to check into those. If we lived closer, I know who I'd be hiring to do all my cooking for me.
default_wink.png

Robin, you are my soul sister. I sure hope I get you this year for secret Santa. I can send you some spices that are out of this WORLD from the bbq capitol of the US. Next time you and I are at Nationals together, I think we should do a dinner for our LB Friends, we'd knock some socks off!!! Maybe we could do something to benefit CMHR.

I'm not kidding Debbie, they tasted just like them! I think I may have added a pinch of garlic powder.

That would be neat Mimi!
default_yes.gif

I have never tasted onion rings as savory!

The pic didn't show how golden brown they were.

YUMMY!

Last edited by a moderator:
I cook more now than I used to (except for when my kids were little)...If I don't "have" to...I either order pizza or we go out...lol (which for those of you who are also on my "diet thread" is not conducive to what I should be doing...oops....
default_unsure.png
)

Deb and I aren't too "picky" as to where we go and we "try" to rotate....lol

Local:

Acapulco (Mexican...combo plate)

Gecko's (variety...my fave is a Cajun pasta dish)

Pizza Mia's (authentic NY style cheese pizza!)

Sit-Down:

Red Robin (Banzai burger...yummmm)

Cody's Steakhouse(not sure if this is chain or local...but love the steak and shrimp)

Red Lobster (salmon...and the rolls, which I have the actual recipe for somewhere and I will post it when I find the card!)

Cheesecake Factory (altho there isn't one locally still love this place)

B-Dub's aka Buffalo Wild Wings (boneless wings)

Fastfood:

Boston Market (which isnt "really" fastfood, but LOVE it...everything! lol)

Five Guys (cheeseburger w/mayo, ketchup, grilled mushrooms, grilled onions)

Steak N Shake (gaucamole burger)

I can tell you all first hand that Robin is an excellent cook, not only dinner but desserts too. I know I won't ever forget it.

Oh here I am again but this time it's not even 9am. I'm hungry for dinner food!!!

Will have to look for those biscuits that taste like the ones at Red Lobster. I love those!!!
default_eat.gif

We hardly ever go out to dinner, but locally I like:

Goodies, fried chicken wings

Ledos, pizza with the works

Panera Bread, great pininis

Oh my when we show in N.C, I love to go to Sonic, we don't have any here.

Several years ago, so long ago I can't even remember, we went done to see Mr. Williams at Dell Teras Farm, I can't remember the hotel we stayed at, but we went to dinner at a restaraunt I'll never forget, it was named "Fats" Oh my goodness the food was the best I've ever eaten. I had salad, steak, cooked rare, baked potatoe, biscuits with honey butter, yum, yum.

Its like there is always a burger chain somewhere that isn't anywhere else. And they are always good. We have Sonic here, yes NC, and I really like them, but Cook Out is far better. I also love the trip west because WhataBurger is my favorite burget place. I am heading to Nationals in less than three weeks, will be there for two weeks. What are some of the local great food places that aren't chains in the area. We always play it safe with OG or Chilies etc... but there has to be something with great food but only the locals usually know about with reasonable prices. And yes the little diner down the road is great too, can't remember the name but the food is good.

Thanks Karen!
default_yes.gif

It was a pleasure to cook for you and Audie and having you spend the night!

I remember I made chili rellenos. I asked if you'd ever had one and you said no. I said you'll love this one! I was pleased when you picked it up with your fingers and munched it right down first thing!
default_laugh.png

We are so rurual here that really we do not have many options if your in a mood to fancy it up, you have to drive to Sandusky...

Local:

Poppa Jimmies in Green Springs just a few minutes from my house - Just a basic bar and grill, with the greatest hot wings!! I normally do the hot wings or one of their subs.

China House in Clyde - Great carryout for good chinese food..

Golden Dragon - THE BEST chinese food i've ever had............

Chain Sit-Down:

Red Lopster - Snow Crab Legs.............(drool)..

Bob Evans - BREAKFAST
default_smile.png

Casta Fiesta - I'm a cheese lover, so I normally do Cheese Burito's and rice / beans.

Fast Food:

Subway - Seafood Crab on honey oat..

Arby's - Just about anything...

Wendys - I love their chicken nuggets and sweet & sour sauce!

Good old McDonalds or Burger King - I like to stop and pick up an unsweetened tea (I add my own spenda to sweeten it), and if I want to grab a burger real quick.

Taco Bell - ANYTHING

Its like there is always a burger chain somewhere that isn't anywhere else. And they are always good. We have Sonic here, yes NC, and I really like them, but Cook Out is far better. I also love the trip west because WhataBurger is my favorite burget place. I am heading to Nationals in less than three weeks, will be there for two weeks. What are some of the local great food places that aren't chains in the area. We always play it safe with OG or Chilies etc... but there has to be something with great food but only the locals usually know about with reasonable prices. And yes the little diner down the road is great too, can't remember the name but the food is good.
Last time we went to Tulsa we had dinner at a Lone Star Steak House don't remember the road name it is on, but if you run into James from RHA he might remember how to get there.

I stall with James at Nationals so if he knows of that one we probably ate there last year. Thanks

Last time we went to Tulsa we had dinner at a Lone Star Steak House don't remember the road name it is on, but if you run into James from RHA he might remember how to get there.
Syndi Kanzler and the Triple Heart crew went there last year...could not tell you where it was, but it was good!!!!!
default_aktion033.gif

We ate at the Lone Star Steak House too when I went to Natls back in 2008....must be the popular place...

I don't remember it being far from the grounds, maybe 8 minutes or so
default_smile.png

I nominate REO for the next contestant on Master Chef!! (They are looking for applicants now you know.) I got food poisoning from Taco Bell twice...so never gave it a third chance. I used to love their Mexi-melts and their Mexican pizzas.

Bevann - They closed our Super Fresh in this area too. They went out of business because of places like Walmart and Dollar stores. They could not compete with the prices. But if you ask me, their products were pretty darn good and everything was just as they say....super fresh. I had a hard time adjusting to Shop Rite, but I've fallen into a groove. I just have to pick and choose my time to grocery shop because it is always so full.

Local: Eden Seafood and Pizzeria, they have the best chicken fingers I have ever add!! They. are thick and juicy, not thin, over crispy, crunchy, things with barely any meat. And the meat in them is great, not grisly, but juicy and suculant, best BBQ sauce around.

Edies Pizzaeria. Best dang chicken wraps and frys I have ever had!!

Sit down: Red Robin, live for their Whiskey River Chicken burger.

Olive Garden, salad+breadsticks=heaven <3

Red Lobster, I love their rolls! (Have to steal that recipe from the other thread)

Fast food: Mcdonalds, nothing better than a Big Mac!

Dan.

Local/area: I live near a 'wide spot in the road' town, but there is a little restaurant, The Grill, that is pretty darn good!

Fast food: A Sonic just opened here...sweet, as I do like Sonic!

McDonalds...I caught a bit on the 'Today' show outlining some more healthy choices at fast food places, and their 'Asian Salad' was mentioned, so I tried it, and it IS good, and much more healthy than a burger! I even went and bought some of the 'Newman's Own' low-fat sesame-ginger dressing they provide w/ this salad, and use it at home to build a similar salad as a meal...yum!

Albuquerque local: Annie's Soup Kitchen, Sadies(scrumptious REAL Mexican food; started life in a bowling alley in the North Valley!)

Chain/sit-down: Black Angus, Red Lobster, Outback, Texas Roadhouse, most recently, Mimi's Cafe(I *think?* it's a chain.)

I prefer a quieter atmosphere at a sit-down(Us old folks mostly do, I suspect!
default_smile.png

Margo

I'm pretty limited because of my severe gluten allergy (which I developed at age 30). Never was a big fan of fast food/chains anyway, so no biggie. I'm a huge Thai food junky. So we go to a place in London called Bankok Pad Thai. It's so awesome and has an amazing wine list
default_drool5.gif
Looooove sushi. Whenever I go to Toronto I stop at my fave sushi restaurant that's around the corner from my friend's place (and bring my own wheat-free soy sauce lol). And they just opened an all-you-can-eat sushi joint in Sarnia; it's $20 (not the best, but for that price I'm not complaining). Also in Sarnia is a great place called Lola's Lounge. It's got a cool, laid-back atmosphere, amazing staff, and theeee best menu in Southwestern Ontario (I usually get the Tango Thai Hot Pot that is loaded with veggies, chicken, rice noodles, shrimp, in a green curry...or a huge salad with seared beef tenderloin strips). Milestones has a gluten-free menu and I've just discovered that restaurant this year (took mom and dad there for Mother's Day and Father's Day); had a gluten-free double chocolate torte that I shared with my sis...mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Latest posts

Back