Marlanoc Foal Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wooooowwwwwwwwwww I am NOT jealous
thud.gif

Hehe was totally going to rat on you lol jazz is gorgeous Bree!! Can you please tell us who... You know lol

That's why I got here first!
default_new_rofl.gif

Ok two hints.

1) My favourite broodmare is 1/4 welsh pony

2) The photo with Lyric in it is a bit of a hint.

Does that help?

default_wink.png

Here's the day she arrived:

jazzbefore.jpg

And that was an improvement
default_unsure.png
The girl who had her just before me pulled her out of a very bad situation. She was underweight, had no muscle on her, big rug rubs all over her shoulders, listless and when you went in the paddock she fled!

Not pallidon??
biggrin.gif
Really I am terrible at this lolWow Bree the change is amazing!! I'm going o put smartie onto oil
yes.gif
What oil do u use? I have rice bran oil I use for Finn...

Not pallidon??
biggrin.gif
Really I am terrible at this lolWow Bree the change is amazing!! I'm going o put smartie onto oil
yes.gif
What oil do u use? I have rice bran oil I use for Finn...

Yup
default_wink.png

Will be chatting with the vet next time he is out about AI-ing her next breeding season!
default_laugh.png

I also want to try and get a dressage pony out of her, she is just a beautiful mover!

I use the rice bran oil. Off the top of my head I think it has the best balance of Omegas? Give it a bit of googling and I'm sure plenty of articles will jump up
default_new_rofl.gif
but it tends to be one of the better oils! All my show horses are on it now.

I just finished asking on my post what oil you used lol.. now- how much!?
yes.gif

You would never know the older photo of the mare was the same mare. She is beautiful now! Kudos to you!
aktion033.gif

Oh she's gorgeous Bree - and she would have an amazing foal with Palli!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Did you say exactly how big Jazz is - I'm looking for the difference in height from her to Palli? Many many moons ago I covered a 17hand Percheron mare with a 13 hand 2 inch Highland Stallion!! It was an interesting experience to say the least and caused loads of giggles over the 4 days she was covered - and this is the true story of how we managed it!!

We had a steep downhill slope with a little ledge at the bottom before the flat. 4 of my trainee students took the mare to a point halfway down the hill and planted themselves in front og her leaning back against her chest. Having given them enough time to get organised I followed with the stallion - have to say here that these two horses adored each other, he in particular, had a thing about big buxom women and I often had to take good hold of him out hunting in the winter months when he would be making encouraging glancs at the hunt secretaries coloured buxom mare!
default_biggrin.png

Anyway he and I made our way across the field in a mad round of leaps, bounds and screams (his not mine!) toward the top of the hill. My mare would shoot her head up (could just see the tips of her ears in the distance) and then she would call. That was it, he was off with me racing after him hanging on to the end of the lunge line. My shout of "we're coming" would warn the trainees to brace themselves as my heavyweight but small boy topped the hill flew down and literally launched himself at the mare. He would land almost on top of her, grab over the top of where her hips would have been had she not been so 'buxom', and hang on. Mare, trainees and hanging stallion slithered on down the hill until the mare just dropped off the little ledge at the bottom. This left the stallion with his back feet trailing a bit and therefore he had 'backed off' enough to enter her, which was then helped by me arriving at the crutial moment and bashing straight into his back with my arms round him, just giving him that little lift to send him 'into' the mare, and then holding him up by one leg while he just managed to teeter on the toe of the other!!

After these 'successful' coverings all was quiet and peaceful as we all climbed the hill and returned everyone to their rightful places. Believe it or not they produced a really nice grey filly who grew to about 15 hands, a middleweight cob type who was just the sweetest little lady that I later broke and sold to a really nice family who had her for all of her life. Needless to say, this stallion was normally perfectly well behaved when covering mares of his own size - but then he never 'loved' them like he did my big mare, bless him!!

Just thinking that you might get Palli on top of Jazz!!??? LOL!!
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

Hehe well I'm sure you will get a simply stunning foal out of those two Bree!
aktion033.gif

Wow Anna lol what a story
laugh.gif
Made me laugh the whole way through
wink.gif

Thanks guys, I've always had a massive soft spot for this girl. It's been such a reward to watch her blossom
default_wub.png

I just finished asking on my post what oil you used lol.. now- how much!?
yes.gif
Palli and Spesh are on 1 cup, the babies are on 3/4 of a cup.

RBO is usually one of the more expensive oils so you can go with a cheaper one like vegetable oil and feed it in higher amounts to help get condition back on. It's messy to feed though, I have one set of measuring cups set aside for it and I pour it over pellets that abosorb most of it.

Then the cats come in and clean everything
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl
default_new_rofl.gif
When my new feed room gets put in I'll do all my measuring in the sink to avoid most of the mess!

Oh she's gorgeous Bree - and she would have an amazing foal with Palli!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Did you say exactly how big Jazz is - I'm looking for the difference in height from her to Palli? Many many moons ago I covered a 17hand Percheron mare with a 13 hand 2 inch Highland Stallion!! It was an interesting experience to say the least and caused loads of giggles over the 4 days she was covered - and this is the true story of how we managed it!!
LOL! Anna that is hysterical
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl

Jazz hasn't been officialy measured but I'd peg her between 12hh and 13hh

Given her inexperience I'll be going with the AI path with her. Not sure if I'll start with Pallidon as I'm toying with trying to get a dressage pony out of her for myself to ride.

But with the way she's been coming along I'm very sure that she'll be one of the girls getting bred near the end of this year
default_laugh.png
:OKinteresting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back