Miniature Horse Training DVD's series

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ponygurl

Reaction score
I bought the mini horse training (Joanne Ross' driving series & halter and halter obastacle dvd, and Pat Elder's Natural Horsemanship dvd series) dvd's a while ago and I'm not quite sure I like the driving horse series... The natural horse training series is basically Clintan Anderson's techniques, and I have been studying those in my Horse Handling & Training class. I also bought the halter series, and I haven't watched them quite yet, but I will soon! With the driving series, the feel I got from watching the first two sessions was that you basically do one or two 5-10 min ground driving sessions then you hook the horse to the cart and away you go, driving off into the sunset with a first place ribbon... Okay so maybe I'm exaggerating just a tad
default_rolleyes.gif
. But what do you guys think?? Let me know, I'm working on breaking my very first mini to drive, and I want to do it right!! That's why I invested in these training series, and I'm starting to regret it...

Let me know what you guys think of them!

I have never seen the DVDs you describe, but the one I recommend is Teach Your Horse to Drive by Mary Ruth Marks. It is not geared strictly to any breed of horse, but that doesn't matter. Minis are still horses and train pretty much the same way as any other horse. Mary Ruth's DVDs are very educational, accurate, and well done.

Latest posts

Back