Mini Horse Parade Costumes

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to be in a parade for Christmas and I was wondering if anyone knew any good sites they could recommend where I can purchase costumes. Thanks.
We make our own- tinsel, hats, ornaments. It's fun, just use your imagination! For four years in a row we have won the Best Decorated Horsedrawn Vehicle in the Fort Worth Stockyards Christmas Parade!

Lucy

We've always done our own too..... Are you going to do a cart and horse? Or hand lead?

We use head banded reindeer horns on the horses. The humans all wear santa hats. We drape Christmas garlands, use big red ribbons, bells, if we have cart we use battery operated Christmas lights on the shafts.

We have alway used x-mas tree skirts in the past as a starting point for ours.

XmasparadeMamaBabadrive003.jpg

XmasparadeMamaBabadrive004.jpg

Ruth

The Ice Cream cart that won the costume class last year at AMHR Nationals is being raffled off to benefit the youth programs at Nationals this year. It looks really cool and has a cart, the ice cream box etc. all rolled into one. Santa handing out ice cream to the kids in the parade, I bet that would go over well. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
These are all GREAT ideas. I've used the tree skirt idea myself...it works GREAT! I also add colorful "scrunchies" around their fetlocks, and have used garland, or jingle bells around their necks. Of course you can never have enough red ribbons at Christmas time. Put those little red velvet bows in their manes (the kind you attach to your Christmas trees with twisties).

Here are some different things I've tried on our Dwarf "Button".

ButtonSuperPetzSanta1small.jpg

ButtonChristmas07dCloseup.jpg

ButtonChristmas07bsmall.jpg

And this is "Monty", one of our colts, where I dressed him up with Reindeer antlers (hard to see them in the photo) jingle bells around neck & fetlocks, and little red saddlebag. I eventually put candy in the saddlebag, with candy canes sticking out, to give to children along the parade route.

MontyXmasOutfit200011.jpg

and here's Apache in different variation. Thought he looked cuter in a Santa hat.

ApacheXmas1.jpg

I get a lot of my "costume" items from little girls scrunchies, or large dog holiday outfits. It's amazing what you can find in a dog catalog that will fit the minis. The red & white elastic jingle bell collar was made for large dogs. You can also find halloween outfits for children that work on minis. Button is modeling here....but these would work on any size mini!

ButtonHalloweenAngel20001small.jpg

Here are a few more....

ButtonHalloweenWitch10001small.jpg

BayleeMissyJuly4th.jpg

ButtonAnnaMemDayParade08a0001.jpg

JUST LET YOUR IMAGINATION RUN WILD!
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
O my goodness Dona I love your pictures.
default_wub.png
default_biggrin.png
default_aktion033.gif

I'm getting alot of great ideas from this thread. My miniatures may not think so later.
default_rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Back