The end of an era for Little America

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony

Reaction score
After many years as our premier herd sire Xenon-Light Van't Huttenest passed away this morning at the age of twenty-seven after two years of declining health.

weanling.jpg
Xenon as a weanling when Vern Brewer bought him from Mark Verhaeghe.

xenonyearling.jpg
Xenon as a yearling when we bought him from Roy Brewer

xenonb.jpg
Around age twelve.

xenonDSC_1294.jpg
Age twenty-two.

Oh no Tony!! That is a long time to be with your family. RIP to a grand old man. So sorry to hear of his passing. It's not only the end of an era for Little America, but for the breed as well. I just hate to hear of the good old ones passing on. Hugs to you and your family.

After many years as our premier herd sire Xenon-Light Van't Huttenest passed away this morning at the age of twenty-seven after two years of declining health.

weanling.jpg
Xenon as a weanling when Vern Brewer bought him from Mark Verhaeghe.

xenonyearling.jpg
Xenon as a yearling when we bought him from Roy Brewer

xenonb.jpg
Around age twelve.

xenonDSC_1294.jpg
Age twenty-two.

I am glad he had such a good home.

LILDRUMMER

Oh no, Tony... I am so sorry... what a big loss for all...
default_no.gif

Liz R.

Definitely a huge loss to the industry and to you, Tony.

Larry and I send you our sympathy. It must have been very hard to say good bye.

I'm truly sorry to hear that you lost not only such a beautiful and successful stallion, but undoubtedly a member of your family. Godspeed Xenon.

I am so sorry to hear this Tony, for your family, your breeding program and the miniature breed.

He was an outstanding individual even in advanced age and the breed is lucky that he left many sons and daughters to carry on his qualities.

Charlotte

Tony, I am so sorry to hear of your boy's passing, God Speed.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so sorry Tony....he lived to a ripe old age, but I know he will be missed. I still have a daughter and a couple of grandsons of his that are very important to me.

Jan

So sorry to hear that, Tony. I've always admired the Orion line and Xenon was an exceptional son.

Tony I'm sorry to hear you lost your boy. He was a great asset to the breed.

Latest posts

Back