Silver Meadows Training Center

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here you go...The Rays are very nice people!

Silver Meadows Training Center Anthony, FL Home to Silver Meadows Jet Set Go Multiple Champion Performance Stallion See your show dreams become reality...Contact Us 352-368-2091

They are wonderful people and just super with the horses. I sent a gelding of mine to them a couple of years ago to break to drive - great job. Also bought a filly from them that I love!!!

Barbie

Heidi - I just wanted to add my 2 cents regarding the Ray family. We have known them from when we first got into miniatures. The whole family - Gayle, Richard and their daughter, Amanda Ray O'Cull, have been very helpful to us... from loaning me a cart at a horse show, to mentoring Dan and DJ in training and showing, not to mention the beautiful Amanda showing our stallion, Alliance Star Wars at the 2008 AMHR Nationals and winning Reserve National Champion 30" and Under Country Pleasure Driving Stakes! They are always very willing to lend a hand.

In addition to their generosity, they all have that "touch" with the horses. Gayle showed our yearling filly for us in one of the championship classes at the Shelbyville show in April. The filly did absolutely wonderful for Gayle and came out with 2 out of 3 Champion of Champions in the show! We were amazed, because our filly is only about 27" tall, competing against the taller horses... all thanks to Gayle.

So if you plan to use the Ray's for training, whether for halter or performance, we highly recommend them!

Tam

Tam and Barbi, Thanks so much for sharing your personal experiences with the Ray family. Im just starting to look into options for having Nick trained to drive. I want it done in Fla. b/c I want to be able to check on his progress and I need to be able to visit. Nick and I are still getting to know each other so if Im able to send him it would not be for a couple of months. I would imagine that this would be a bad time being so close to Nationals but plan on calling them once Nationals are over. You guys may know...do trainers ever take stallions or would they prefer to only work w/geldings?

Latest posts

Back