Asparagus soup

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mydaddysjag

Reaction score
Lately I have been craving asparagus soup, and have ate about 3 lbs this week. When I make it, I normally roast it in a small pan with garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, and lemon juice.

My pan is short, so I end up cutting off more than just the stemmy bottoms. I saved them figuring there must be something I can do with them, and I think the answer is asparagus soup. I've never had it before, is it any good? All of the recipes I have found seem hard, does anyone have an easy recipe? Im also wondering if instead of using chicken stock I could substitute turkey stock? We have PLENTY left over frozen from thanksgiving.

I can asparagus and have a very simple and good recipe.

1-1 1/2 lbs asparagus-I have used the ends that are still good but don't fit the jars

1 onion

1 10 oz can chicken broth-you could use turkey stock

cut up asparagus and onion and simmer in broth until very tender 10-15 minutes

Cool and then use blender or food processor to make a puree.

For soup add equal amounts of milk to puree and heat. For a really decadent soup use half and half, put a dollop of sour cream when serving-great for holiday meals!

Freeze the rest for future use.

Enjoy!

I absolutely Love Asparagus!!!!! I usually have it cooked with butter.

I did have it in soup once and it was quite good.

Don't know any specific recipes though.

My husband is a chef, I think he would just boil the asparagus in a little chicken broth , add his seasonings , an onion , garlic, boil it for about 1/2 hour , then puree it and add cream and milk. as a topping whip a little milk to make foam (like a capachino) add a dolip to the top of the soup, then a balsamic reduced glaze just drizzled over the milk foam for color and a few home made croutons with it. If i were making it I would do the same , but first I would saute onions and garlic S/P then add to my chicken broth....dont know why , but I just think onions taste better sauted or carmalized. I would do this for Broccoli, pumpkin, but add curry to the pumpkin or ginger. I am hungry. Best soup I ever had was "hay soup" it was fantastic.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back