BARNS

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markadoodle

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]May I have pictures of your barns; Inside and out Tackrooms; Inside and out and Sheds; Inside and Out [/SIZE]

default_smile.png

I made my own barns and sheds. I don't have a nice big enclosed barn (someday I will!) but everyone has a shelter of some kind.

The sheds are 4'x6'x9' and are shared by 2 horses.

shedrow.jpg

shedbarn1.jpg

My broodmares have individual barns that are 6'x9'x7'. It's a kit building from Mueller Inc.

broodbarns.jpg

stallion huts

000.jpg

mare huts

00.jpg

5 stall foaling shed not finished yet on the outside inside is done except for water isn't hooked

0000.jpg

main barn

2e7baa6f.jpg

LiL Miracles, your barn turned out fab !! I love it and I love your little finishing touches ( pumpkins, flags fall leaf swags inside ) I love the look of the new wood...wish mine still looked like that. I cant remember if it was your boyfriend or husband that did alot of work but please tell him he did an awesome job!!

Heidi

Our barn is an old old bank barn that has been in John's family for over 120 years.

Here is a photo taken of the barn with John's ancestors back in the late 1800's .

Houser__Frank_barn_Small.jpg

And this is the same barn today. Not as much character, for sure.....but has been kept in very good shape.

2009_01_16_01_BarnSnow.JPG

This photo shows where we dug a trench to put in water to the barn.

2008_11_06_01BarnRenovationWaterTrench.JPG

Here are photos showing the inside. This barn was made with HUGE 1 ft square beams & wooden pegs to hold it together!

Before stalls.....

2008_11_06_03BarnRenovationNorthSide.JPG

2008_11_06_07BarnRenovationBeams.JPG

2008_11_06_05BarnRenovationBeams.JPG

After putting in "gate" type stalls.

BarnStalls10001.JPG

BarnStalls30001.JPG

The bottom of the barn has concrete block walls which keeps it cool in summer & warmer in winter. We put a lot of money into updating & bringing water to the barn, lots of electric in conduit so every stall has good lighting & an outlet to plug in heated buckets. We opted for the "temporary" gate stalls so we didn't have to change the barn any more than we had to. This way also allows us to change stall sizes when needed.

We have 3 huge barn doors. One on the east, one on the south & one on the west. Each door goes out into a separate paddock/pasture area. So we can black off three areas of the barn, each with their own separate access to the outside when we want to allow them to come in & out thru the day. This way, we can keep the weanlings separated from their moms when weaning, as well as giving our stallion his own "space" when needed. Works well for us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our barn is an old old bank barn that has been in John's family for over 120 years.
Here is a photo taken of the barn with John's ancestors back in the late 1800's .

View attachment 901

And this is the same barn today. Not as much character, for sure.....but has been kept in very good shape.

View attachment 905

This photo shows where we dug a trench to put in water to the barn.

View attachment 908

Here are photos showing the inside. This barn was made with HUGE 1 ft square beams & wooden pegs to hold it together!

Before stalls.....

View attachment 902

View attachment 903

View attachment 904

After putting in "gate" type stalls.

View attachment 906

View attachment 907

The bottom of the barn has concrete block walls which keeps it cool in summer & warmer in winter. We put a lot of money into updating & bringing water to the barn, lots of electric in conduit so every stall has good lighting & an outlet to plug in heated buckets. We opted for the "temporary" gate stalls so we didn't have to change the barn any more than we had to. This way also allows us to change stall sizes when needed.

We have 3 huge barn doors. One on the east, one on the south & one on the west. Each door goes out into a separate paddock/pasture area. So we can black off three areas of the barn, each with their own separate access to the outside when we want to allow them to come in & out thru the day. This way, we can keep the weanlings separated from their moms when weaning, as well as giving our stallion his own "space" when needed. Works well for us.
What a gorgeous barn! I love the vintage picture.

My stable and haybarn aren't big, but I love them.
default_wub.png

This is the stable. As you can see, the horses love it too.

IMG_5451.jpg

And my haybarn. We took the idea from the movie "Charlottes Web" which was filmed down the road from us. I told my husband I wanted a smaller version of it.

Here is the Charlottes Web barn..

100_0013.jpg

And my haybarn...

Picture001.jpg

I really really need to get new pictures of the barns...we have done SOOOOO much more. I really don't have any pictures at all of the boarding barn. But here are some of the old pictures I have of the show barn from 5 months ago or so.

The show barn and boarding barn. The hay barn (which you can't see from the angle) is also directly behind the show barn:

Farm4-1.jpg

The show barn:

Barn6.jpg

Barn5.jpg

Barn4.jpg

Barn1.jpg

Part of the inside of the tack room in the show barn:

Barn22.jpg

Outside of the tack room:

Barn44.jpg

Also, here are some of the miniature turn outs:

FARM6-1.jpg

Lil Miracles, I love your barn!!!! is the roof a metal carport??? and how big is the barn?? I'd love any info on it. Thanks Val

Val, my barn is a metal carport. 20x20 carport from Northern Tool. I bought it used for $500.00. I'm going to make a page just about my barn on my website. I've had a few people ask me how it was built so I suppose its time to put something up for anyone to see.

WOW Lil Miracles, What a fantastic job you did with that carport. I just love that !!!!!

Here is my barn. Just built it this summer, still have a few things here and there to do with it.
Fall.jpg

Fall_2.jpg

Lil Miracles, I love your barn!!!! is the roof a metal carport??? and how big is the barn?? I'd love any info on it. Thanks Val

WOW Lil Miracles, What a fantastic job you did with that carport. I just love that !!!!!
I just wanted to let those who were showing interest in my barn that I have made an official barn page on my website.

Little Miracles Farm

lilmiraclesfarm,

I have a 30' x 50' professionally built metal pole barn (the inside is still a work in progress as I only have three stalls finished and in regular use) and I would trade it for your barn in a heartbeat! I LOVE it. I mean, I want to extend to you the highest compliments on the quality of your work and it's appearance. LOVELY. It's not cute, it's beautiful. ...well, it's cute too. The PERFECT "pony" barn. I want one.
default_smile.png

barrelracer....l love your stalls l printed out a pix and put it on top of my husbands supper plate last night and started whinning and telling him l wanted at least a couple for my fave guy and his sire...he just grunted and asked if l thought money grew on trees.
default_sad.png
geeeezzz

lilmiraclesfarm,
I have a 30' x 50' professionally built metal pole barn (the inside is still a work in progress as I only have three stalls finished and in regular use) and I would trade it for your barn in a heartbeat! I LOVE it. I mean, I want to extend to you the highest compliments on the quality of your work and it's appearance. LOVELY. It's not cute, it's beautiful. ...well, it's cute too. The PERFECT "pony" barn. I want one.
default_smile.png
Thank you! I really love it too. I tell my boyfriend all the time that I just love my barn. It was a great build for a small income. My uncle did the labor for free, but I did have to pay for a worker. In the end between all the wood and the labor it costed me $1800. I paid $500 for the carport, and it was used. Normally sells for $2000 here. The most expensive item bought for it were the track for the doors. They came in at a little over $500 each. Theres not to many things I would really change about it. I took alot of consideration into building it. I looked at other farm ideas and adjusted them to suite me.

Thanks Lil Miracles for putting all the info on your barn on your website!!!! your construction photo's are great, Quess I'll have to start looking for a carporrt
default_biggrin.png
. Val

Latest posts

Back