wash rack

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abby

Reaction score
Does anyone have building plans for a mini horse wash rack? I can't keep going in circles and would love a rack to contain them while I bathe them.

Thanks in advance.

Lee

370845839.jpg

This is outdoors and it is in an alcove outside ot the barn.

It has hot and cold water and is on a bed of gravel covered with rubber mats.

The horses are easy to wash and see how clean I am getting them due to the natural light.

It is a sheltered area and they seem to enjoy the warm bath outdoors.

I would like an indoor area too, for cooler weather washes.......someday...................
default_smile.png

Thanks Genie, I was looking for the one that's made of pipe like the big horses. Yours looks great, I wish I had the room but I'll have to put one outside. It's tough washing them holding onto a lead, I've got to do something to make it easier for me and my minis. Your gravel and mat idea is great, much better and cheaper than pouring a cement pad.

Again thank you very much

Lee,

I found a grocery store that was going out of business. The racks in the parking lot that hold the grocery carts are perfect!

I was able to have one for free and they even hauled it for me. They were going to take it to the recycling plant.

I painted it and put a rubber mat under it.

Some of these cart racks are huge, but you can locate smaller ones. Lowes, Home Depot, they all have them.

I will try to snap a picture for you.

Jan

I have the same problem in washing my boy. Our water here is so cold even in the heat he keeps moving around and I dont have access to hot water.

I tie him in the full sun behind my motor home and stretch the hose out to get heated, then fill buckets with the sun heated water but it is alot of work and with my back it is really hard on me. I have a metal chair I sit in while washing him and rinsing him off to ease the muscles and it helps. A rack would be great!

Why get fancy? You can make a nice washrack that would work almost anywhere with 3 landscape timbers and 2 tie rings. This is a pic of my "wash rack" It's in my front/side yard! The tie rings are for cross tying and the cross pole keeps them from swinging around, or going forward. It also serves as a hitching rail when needed. I have mine on the grass, 'cause that's the only place I could put it, but if you have the room, you could put down gravel and mats also. I did cement the poles in for stability, about 18 inches i think. Hey it works great and easy to do
default_smile.png

2009May10003.jpg

Latest posts

Back