Cheese Broccoli Soup

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made mine today, and mine came out not near as thick as I was hoping, so I mixed some flour and cream together and added a little to the soup and thickened it quite a bit (my preference) and it was really quite good.
default_yes.gif
mmmmm
Thanks for the recipe!!

Hmmm, that's funny Mona. Mine was so thick we thinned it a little with milk. Did you cook it in a crockpot? I saw when I was buying my broccoli, they sold the normandy blend which sounded like what you were referring to earlier. Glad you liked it!!

so i finally got to have some and it was VERY good!! It came out very thick more stewy but I really like it that way. I poured it over a baked potato heh Loved it!
Yes, mine was really thick too. It's strange that Mona's wasn't. That's a great idea over the potato, yum!

so i finally got to have some and it was VERY good!! It came out very thick more stewy but I really like it that way. I poured it over a baked potato heh Loved it!
Yes, mine was really thick too. It's strange that Mona's wasn't. That's a great idea over the potato, yum!
Well it was thick, as in losts of veggies, but the liquid (consistency) was not as thick (pastey) as I preferred it to be. Yes, it was cooked on low in the crock-pot all day.

Well it was thick, as in losts of veggies, but the liquid (consistency) was not as thick (pastey) as I preferred it to be. Yes, it was cooked on low in the crock-pot all day.
default_laugh.png
Mona, mine was so thick (the liquid) I could have used it for wallpapering!! I ended up cooking mine on high for 2 hours and then turned it to low for another. Who knows, right?!

Last edited by a moderator:
default_laugh.png
Mona, mine was so thick (the liquid) I could have used it for wallpapering!! I ended up cooking mine on high for 2 hours and then turned it to low for another. Who knows, right?!
I wonder if maybe the size of bags of veggies(frozen) I used was different?? I use two 16oz sized bags. Maybe the bags you used were larger??

We made it yesterday...oh my was it good. I followed the directions exactly, just added pepper and a small pinch of garlic powder. My husband loved it...it was so easy too. The only thing I'm going to do differently next time is use fresh broccoli. I used the frozen and it was good, but there were just so many stems in the kind I bought and very little florettes. I don't mind stems, but prefer the florettes.

One of the best soups I've ever had! Thanks for sharing it with us!

We made it yesterday...oh my was it good. I followed the directions exactly, just added pepper and a small pinch of garlic powder. My husband loved it...it was so easy too. The only thing I'm going to do differently next time is use fresh broccoli. I used the frozen and it was good, but there were just so many stems in the kind I bought and very little florettes. I don't mind stems, but prefer the florettes.
One of the best soups I've ever had! Thanks for sharing it with us!
Hi Sonya
default_saludando.gif
so glad you liked it. I used frozen broccoli but I bought the Birds Eye Florettes because I prefer the florettes too. Although, I may try to use fresh broccoli too next time just to see if it's better.

Mona--I talked with my sister about yours and she felt that maybe it was thinner due to the amount of moisture in the frozen veggies.

Latest posts

Back